Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage suspension squeak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 12:01 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Vantage suspension squeak

Today I noticed pretty loud squeaking from my suspension just driving on the road. More so when hitting bumps. Can't say I've noticed it before. I think it's coming from the front. Has anyone had this? It's a 9k miles 2013 6MT. Thanks.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:52 AM
MadeInPorshe will become famous soon enoughMadeInPorshe will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by deckman
Today I noticed pretty loud squeaking from my suspension just driving on the road. More so when hitting bumps. Can't say I've noticed it before. I think it's coming from the front. Has anyone had this? It's a 9k miles 2013 6MT. Thanks.
I had the same issue on my 2011 with 8k miles which sounded like a rubber duck rolling through the underground. Not sure if it's the same issue but I jacked up the car with the tire fully off the ground and it went away upon lowering. This was completely by fluke that it worked as I was swapping rims.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:57 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
That is odd.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:38 AM
SinisterSF is on a distinguished road
Sounds like you've got an unhappy bushing or strut. Has the car gotten very dirty? Could have some muck in a tight spot. I'd get it up in the air and put a jack under a tire to get some up and down action to try and locate the actual squeak.

Old 04-13-2016, 06:17 PM
That's a good idea I'll do that.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:06 AM
I'm finally going to look at this on Sunday. I kind of doubt I'll see anything visually that identifies the problem. I hope it's something simple. It's embarrassing, it makes the noise over every little bump, mostly noticeable after I've driven the car for at least 5-10 minutes. It almost sounds like a squeaky bed.

Last edited by deckman; 05-14-2016 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:30 AM
talltim is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi

Apologies for the thread resurrection

What was the resolution to your noisy front suspension?

Thanks

Old 05-29-2020, 08:00 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by deckman
I'm finally going to look at this on Sunday. I kind of doubt I'll see anything visually that identifies the problem. I hope it's something simple. It's embarrassing, it makes the noise over every little bump, mostly noticeable after I've driven the car for at least 5-10 minutes. It almost sounds like a squeaky bed.

I have the same thing, its either the sway bar bushings or the upper control arm bushings

I've been lazy and haven't done any work on the car but maybe sometime this weekend i'll check it out

edit: lol didn't notice this was from 2016

Last edited by sonies; 05-29-2020 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:45 AM
thisistcab7 is an unknown quantity at this point
This happens to me, but only on very cold days and until the car warms up

Old 06-01-2020, 11:58 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Suspension Squeak/Noise

Hey Guys:

Regarding the suspension noise/squeak:

I've have had a similar noise/squeak in my suspension for years now and I been after my franchised Aston dealer to locate/determine the source of it (to no-avail)... mine's at the rear of the car. I finally found this post of the same noise but coming from the front suspension of a DB9...
I hope this helps.

https://aston1936.com/2018/08/11/rep...on-martin-db9/

The noise was discovered/noted whilst the car was under warranty, however I have little faith that Aston will step up and pay for the repair (along with a couple of paint bubbling issues). Sadly, Aston has no money to keep this customer happy...

Cheers, Dan Murphy aka axarunner

Old 06-01-2020, 02:11 PM
steve36 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
Hey Guys:

Regarding the suspension noise/squeak:

I've have had a similar noise/squeak in my suspension for years now and I been after my franchised Aston dealer to locate/determine the source of it (to no-avail)... mine's at the rear of the car. I finally found this post of the same noise but coming from the front suspension of a DB9...
I hope this helps.

https://aston1936.com/2018/08/11/rep...on-martin-db9/

The noise was discovered/noted whilst the car was under warranty, however I have little faith that Aston will step up and pay for the repair (along with a couple of paint bubbling issues). Sadly, Aston has no money to keep this customer happy...

Cheers, Dan Murphy aka axarunner

I had the same thing on my 2012 Virage. Actually had it twice.
First time replaced all the upper control arms as the bushings were gone but you can not buy bushings separately.
Second time it was noticed that a part of the body (under carriage) was rubbing on another part of the body. A mild bend fixed it.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:31 PM
Bones 53 is on a distinguished road
About a year ago I experienced a creaking sound when backing out of my driveway...it was minor and I didn't think much of it., did not even mention it when I took my car in for annual maintenance.
My dealer did notice and replaced both front and rear control arms under the extended warranty...noise gone.
Thanks,
JH

Old 06-01-2020, 03:03 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Both Miller Motor Cars in Greenwich, CT and Aston Martin Summit, NJ completely miss-diagnosed this (seemingly common) problem. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I love the brand, I hate the customer service.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:50 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
I replaced my front upper control arms per aston1936 and the squeaks disappeared. Then I started getting some squeaks from the rear when the weather was cool.

An Aston tech revealed that he uses a a silicone grease to keep the squeaks away. I applied it to the rear upper bushings and it's been quiet ever since:

OEM Honda Shin-etsu Silicone Grease 100g 08798-9013

Old 06-02-2020, 10:34 AM
talltim is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks guys

Looks like Upper control arms are a common denominator

My noise only starts after driving for about 15 minutes and would appear to be the right hand front

Its booked in next week so will point them in that direction

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vantage suspension squeak