Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

A/C cabin fan intermittent? Every couple weeks.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 09:18 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
A/C cabin fan intermittent? Every couple weeks.

Kind of odd ball... its getting more frequent... The cabin fan in my '06 won't run at all when I start the car.. but comes on in about 200 feet to a half mile of driving.. This was happening every few months, now 2x a month. All the other days blows fine. Its eventually not going to work at all some day .. probably on a roadtrip in July!

When not blowing the display looks like normal.. the fan speed **** shows the fan speed, even though no fan is running.

The AC runs cold just fine.. and with the car moving you can blow a little air thru the cabin... But no fans until they magically start.

My fear is a new Center Stack Control Module. [Seems controller based, not blower or other hardware... Capacitors got old in my NSX AC control board and had similar problem... there was a guy who rebuilt them long ago.]

Thoughts? I have seen other threads but not this variant.

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 04-22-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:54 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
GOOD NEWS! Fan issue fixed!

So the fan issue got to be daily... Would work in the AM... not at lunch time.

NOT the HVAC control module. Now $1600 retail.

The cabin fan was actually burning out and the brushes weren't contacting the fan motor rotor correctly... (It is an 11yr old fan). Thus intermittent.

Managed to source a fan locally in a day. (not from AM directly ... would have been $$$ and 5 days...)

Old 05-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Footnote: New fan probably blows 2x the force of the old one as it was on its way out (when it worked) Car has 60k miles. Would have been worth upgrading anyway going into summer here in FL!

Old 05-11-2016, 04:36 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Replacement Fan Source

Originally Posted by RolexDaytona1
Footnote: New fan probably blows 2x the force of the old one as it was on its way out (when it worked) Car has 60k miles. Would have been worth upgrading anyway going into summer here in FL!
Any chance in you sharing where your obtained your replacement fan, in case any of us would need to do this in the future? Model number, perhaps?
Thanks!