Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Which best fits the criteria?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 12:17 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Yep, factory Neptune wheels. Get the spacers, makes it look much better, also the FD trunk lip would change the look too. Much more sporty.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:33 PM
AudiThunder is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Great Choice!!!!!!,

I am kinda in the same spot as you were. I think I made my mind up, however was thinking 09-10' Maser GT "S" with no more than 20k miles. Or the Vantage 08-09 with less than 20k also. However, I think I am going to set a price and see what I can find in Nov. 08-09 DB9, with no more than 10k miles. I want this as a spare car.

My original was to get the Vantage as the garage car, then drive the Maser daily. But the DB9 solves both those and I can use a AMG for daily.

YOURS------ if those are factory rims, then you must get the Formula Dynamic spacers. Also the lowering springs from them. That car will look so much better. If you can swing it, the Drive by wire module will wake the car up and make a world of difference. Do that BEFORE any ECU upgrades. A lot of people have said that module was enough of a wake up for the car it was totally different.

Happy Motoring and see ya on Maserati Life sometime.
Thanks for the kind words!!

The DB9's I checked out were killer, you definitely can't go wrong with them. Unfortunately, the Carfax turned me away otherwise the one I was looking at out in Virginia was pretty epic. Although I would've liked the idea of having a daily British car (X308 XJR 100) and a DB9 as the toy.

I'll tell you one thing, you can NEVER go wrong with an AMG as a daily, don't listen to people's horror stories. As long as it's been well cared for, you'll have a thrill. My old daily was an SL55 and I freakin loved that thing. Died in Hurricane Sandy back in 2012.

Spacers are next up on the list after I get the stupid trident issue on the front grill sorted out. Drive by wire module sounds extremely similar to the sprint booster module I have on my 911, but way more advanced. However, too soon to say since I haven't gotten a chance to drive the car as is yet.

Good luck with your search and thanks again for your help! If it wasn't for your initial post I probably would've ended up with a Conti