Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 brakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 08:33 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
DB9 brakes

Driving 2015 DB9 as a daily car for an year now ... almost 20K miles. Recently I was driving at 60-65mph and due to traffic had to slow down and stop. Trying to slow down and stop, I almost hit a pickup truck ahead of me. I had AM dealer check brakes and tires. They said they are fine. It happened again today and I notice this more while it is raining. Any suggestions ?

Old 05-20-2016, 09:09 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Need more details:

1) what was going on when you almost hit the PU, brake pedal going to the floor, brakes locked up, etc...

2) What do you notice more when it is raining?

To much detail is always better than to little, because we are not with you when things happen.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:21 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Did you press all the way down?

The earlier aston brakes (4pot fronts) requires a hefty push, the initial bite is always so so.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:07 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Old 05-21-2016, 09:02 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
I pressed the brakes slowly as I always do when driving around 45mph. When I pressed the brakes at 60mph, I noticed that the car is still moving and took more time to stop. I didn't hit the brakes all the down though. I will try and post back here.

Originally Posted by randyb
Need more details:

1) what was going on when you almost hit the PU, brake pedal going to the floor, brakes locked up, etc...

2) What do you notice more when it is raining?

To much detail is always better than to little, because we are not with you when things happen.