Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Factory Tour Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 08:39 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Thought I would bring this thread back up. I am planning to be in London in 5 weeks and have the time to drive up to Gaydon. Are reservations needed to get a tour?
I would love to go as well. I would check with your dealer and ask if they can set it up for you. if you go let us know how it goes.
Ron

Old 03-30-2017, 10:08 AM
V12V will become famous soon enough
I had the pleasure of touring the plant as well and they do a very nice job. I might point out that if you are staying in London it is easier to catch the train to Gaydon. Makes for a very relaxed trip back and forth. We stayed in Mayfair and took a taxi to the station and had a very pleasant trip. You will need to have your dealer contact the factory for the tour.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:51 AM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
I Don't think they take walk ins, and i dont think they do tours every day. You can hit up your sales team and see if they can arrange something quickly. They do tours morning and afternoon though. Good luck.
Would live to hit up gaydon again and hopefully Mclaren next time I go to London.

Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Thought I would bring this thread back up. I am planning to be in London in 5 weeks and have the time to drive up to Gaydon. Are reservations needed to get a tour?

Old 03-30-2017, 11:54 AM
I was too cheap to hail a taxi from Lemington Spa both ways. Actually i was planning to visit British Motor Museum closeby but ran out of time.

Originally Posted by V12V
I had the pleasure of touring the plant as well and they do a very nice job. I might point out that if you are staying in London it is easier to catch the train to Gaydon. Makes for a very relaxed trip back and forth. We stayed in Mayfair and took a taxi to the station and had a very pleasant trip. You will need to have your dealer contact the factory for the tour.

Old 06-18-2017, 07:47 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Gents

I'm planning to go England this coming Christmas. I want to do factory tour. I hear they close down the factory for holidays. I'm wondering if anyone knows holiday schedule.? I called my local Aston(Galpin) sales guy, but haven't heard back from him yet. Just wondering any other contacts to call & ask for factory tour scheduling.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:59 AM
Just sent you a PM

Originally Posted by 007JB
Gents

I'm planning to go England this coming Christmas. I want to do factory tour. I hear they close down the factory for holidays. I'm wondering if anyone knows holiday schedule.? I called my local Aston(Galpin) sales guy, but haven't heard back from him yet. Just wondering any other contacts to call & ask for factory tour scheduling.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by telum01
Beautiful pictures! It really is awesome to go there.

The robots are used to epoxy the chassis together. You wouldn't want this to be done by hand, anyway, so it's a good use of robotic labor in an otherwise hand-building factory.

Btw, nice spot on Prodrive - that's a place I'd like to visit next time!
I have heard that the robot that applies the epoxy is called the James bonder.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:42 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Gene G
I have heard that the robot that applies the epoxy is called the James bonder.
Bonder1, Bonder 2, Bonder3?? haha

Old 06-18-2017, 12:59 PM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light

My DB7 in front of the factory during our 2014 visit folowing the Goodwood revival

And our 50 shades of grey at the Heritage museum

Last edited by CARAIBAM; 06-18-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:07 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I found the factory tour better than others been to. Like Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa come to mind. The only one that surpasses the Aston tour was Pagani.

Highly recommended.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:12 PM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
Originally Posted by 007JB
Gents

On the current schedule, it looks like December 20th is the last factory tour of 2017.
I would have your dealer contact the factory to confirm if that date is not good for you.

Old 06-22-2017, 02:27 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I figured out how to post the picture of our V8 Vantage at the factory during final assembly.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0484.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	478796