Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Bug mask??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 08:04 AM
Cloneman315 is on a distinguished road
Bug mask??

Guys I am looking at making a 600 mile road trip up the East Coast with my vantage. When I bought this car I told myself I would simply not let it just sit in the garage and drive it around town for coffee on Sundays and was going to make some nice trips with it. The car has a full clear wrap so I am not concerned too much with the panels. My main concern is the area in the north east and I'm heading to has a lot of bugs! I want to try to keep them from getting packed into the grill and the radiator etc. Has anyone used or know of a good temporary screen cover for either the grill or the nose that I could install during the drive and easily take it off when I arrive?

Old 06-02-2016, 11:57 AM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
For the radiator I use black plastic screen that is sold for rv's etc and place it across the rad fastening it in as many places as necessary using wire ties or whatever method seems best for the application. You can also use nylon window screen. Works great. You just brush the bugs off with your hand or a brush. It will not overheat your car and is invisible from the outside. NOTHING will get to your rad. Even protects it from rocks.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:24 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DonBond
For the radiator I use black plastic screen that is sold for rv's etc and place it across the rad fastening it in as many places as necessary using wire ties or whatever method seems best for the application. You can also use nylon window screen. Works great. You just brush the bugs off with your hand or a brush. It will not overheat your car and is invisible from the outside. NOTHING will get to your rad. Even protects it from rocks.

Never thought of that.. Good idea! I'm going to look at doing this as well.