Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Ezcarlift anyone hear of it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 08:18 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
I have maxxjax 2 post lift. Love it.it paid for itself with in 2 months of purchase (3-4 times) as I did
AM - brake fluid flush, rear diff fluid change, oil change, coolant flush
Gallardo: oil change, coolant flush, brake fluid change, rear diff fluid change, front diff fluid change, coolant flush
BMW 750 Li: coolant, oil, transmission, brake rotors, pads and fluid change
It's removable but lifts car upto 42 inch if I remember correctly

Old 06-26-2016, 09:27 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
Another view of my set up.
Ron
how high is the bottom of the lift off the car in this pic. my 911 is 52" high, thanks

Old 06-26-2016, 10:48 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Here's a demo of my new Quickjack.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:13 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
One more view.
Ron
A Falcon V-8 Futura?

A have not seem one of there in 60 years

Old 06-27-2016, 08:17 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
There in lies my quandary , when we moved I had a three car garage with two lifts. For a total of five car storage. Now we have a two car garage with four cars.
We do not have any room to enlarge the garage.
I feel your pain. Move from a 3 car garage to a 2 car garage. My wife kept reminding me we were downsizing.
I am now considering adding a third garage to the house.
My advice,
Downsize your house, never your garage.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:25 AM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Here's a demo of my new Quickjack.
Interesting that you chose to orient them so the car moves forward as it is lifted. I typically set them up so the car moves to the rear. Nice to know they fit either way.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:47 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Jeff_335i
Interesting that you chose to orient them so the car moves forward as it is lifted. I typically set them up so the car moves to the rear. Nice to know they fit either way.
It will be the Quickjack for me also, need to see the highest they go, would like something that would get the bottom of the car at least 4ft or close to it. Makes it easier if your under it, or working a buffer from a chair.

Thanks, my biggest worry was the lifting points on the AM, seems this works just fine with no damage.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:51 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I did this for two reasons. First, I tend to park with more room in front of the car so I can access items on the far wall of the garage while also avoiding the risk of bumping into anything. Second, orienting the lift this way means the hoses face the back of the car so I have more unrestricted access under the engine. If I needed to work on the exhaust I would gave them the opposite way.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:06 AM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
It will be the Quickjack for me also, need to see the highest they go, would like something that would get the bottom of the car at least 4ft or close to it. Makes it easier if your under it, or working a buffer from a chair.

Thanks, my biggest worry was the lifting points on the AM, seems this works just fine with no damage.
The max height for the QuickJacks is about 21".
Originally Posted by karlfranz
I did this for two reasons. First, I tend to park with more room in front of the car so I can access items on the far wall of the garage while also avoiding the risk of bumping into anything. Second, orienting the lift this way means the hoses face the back of the car so I have more unrestricted access under the engine. If I needed to work on the exhaust I would gave them the opposite way.
I see. You know that you can disconnect the hoses after you release the hydraulic pressure so the lift is sitting on one of the two lock points, right? If I'm working under the car I disconnect the hoses and then there is nothing in your way from either end.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:16 AM
The max height for the QuickJacks is about 21".

I see. You know that you can disconnect the hoses after you release the hydraulic pressure so the lift is sitting on one of the two lock points, right? If I'm working under the car I disconnect the hoses and then there is nothing in your way from either end.
No, actually. I didn't really give it any thought. Makes sense though. Still, would rather my car rise forward than bang into the garage door on its way up and back.

Old 06-27-2016, 02:13 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by embdenb
I feel your pain. Move from a 3 car garage to a 2 car garage. My wife kept reminding me we were downsizing.
I am now considering adding a third garage to the house.
My advice,
Downsize your house, never your garage.
I agree with you 100%. We moved near the beach and there is no room in our area to add ay thing. We were lucky to find a newer house with a over sized garage.
Rpn

Old 06-27-2016, 02:21 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by embdenb
A Falcon V-8 Futura?

A have not seem one of there in 60 years
My wires Falcon started as a Futura. It is now badged as a Sprint. The car still has the 200 cid in line 6. We will go to a 302 V 8 in the next year or so. We did update the car with a floor shifted 3 speed Mustang auto. A new 3 row radiator, Power Rack and Pinion steering. A mustang rear end with 4 link coil overs. And Bear front disk breaks. The V 8 Conversion is around $8000. We also did a down to the metal respray.
Ron

Attached Images      
Old 06-27-2016, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Christian
how high is the bottom of the lift off the car in this pic. my 911 is 52" high, thanks
I don't know off hand. And I am not sure what your question means. I only have 9"6" of ceiling height.
Ron

Old 06-27-2016, 03:07 PM
I think he's asking if the lift rises enough to park his 911 underneath.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:47 PM
My wires Falcon started as a Futura. It is now badged as a Sprint. The car still has the 200 cid in line 6. We will go to a 302 V 8 in the next year or so. We did update the car with a floor shifted 3 speed Mustang auto. A new 3 row radiator, Power Rack and Pinion steering. A mustang rear end with 4 link coil overs. And Bear front disk breaks. The V 8 Conversion is around $8000. We also did a down to the metal respray.
Ron
Great looking car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ezcarlift anyone hear of it?