Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Ezcarlift anyone hear of it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 08:52 PM
alexhuth will become famous soon enough
Ezcarlift anyone hear of it?

Hey guys I found this mechanical lift that is called the ezcarlift. Anyone every hear of it or know the price?

Old 06-24-2016, 11:03 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by alexhuth
Hey guys I found this mechanical lift that is called the ezcarlift. Anyone every hear of it or know the price?
I have looked into several lifts that I plan to get when I make my AM purchase this fall. However they do depend on your needs. Mine are for Detailing reasons, needing the lower valances and bumpers at chest height when sitting.

But..... Well now it needs to be for oil, fluids maybe exhaust work etc... Why not make sure you can still do that work. So.....

AM lifting points?? Can a AM go on the lifts that are flat bottom panels that lift the car? But they prevent exhaust work. But then the two side rails that you drive on, they prevent wheel well work. The lifts that lift like normal are too large, so For me trying to figure what works on a AM, then go fromthere.

Will flat bottom scissor lifts work?????

Old 06-25-2016, 09:32 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
I looked at that and it's useless since it blocks the center of the car, it's huge, heavy, and expensive. I got Ranger/BendPak Quickjacks instead and am 100% pleased. I wrote a review recently in this forum and have a picture of my Aston on the lift while I was changing brake pads.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:57 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I have posted about this before on this forum. I have lifts by American custom lifts in Southern California. They are manufactured in Texas. I have purchased 4 in the last 10 years. In the house we moved into about 2 years ago. I have a 4 post and a one post lift in my over sized 2 car garage. I have 9 1/2 ' ceiling height. 10 - 10 1/2' would be better so I could stand under my cars when they are on the racks. Has it is now, I have a adjustable height garage chair with wheels that I use when working under the cars. The 4 post lift can run on 110v or 220v. Mine in on 110v which works fine ( all be it a little slower than 220 V)
My one post only works with 220v, it needs more torque to lift the car. The cars on top, left 1965 Jaguar E-Type coupe, right Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
Ron

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	464.7 KB
ID:	451957  

Last edited by Ron Avery; 06-26-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:02 PM
The reason I ask is because I need a cheaper portable solution for lifting the Aston up. I can just jack it up with a standard jack but its such a pain. I only need about 2-3 feet off the ground. I am not trying store anything underneath it.

I think I am going to go with the "quickjack" seems to be the best bang for the buck for portable lifts.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:04 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Another view of my set up.
Ron

Views:	65
Size:	783.6 KB
ID:	451960  

Last edited by Ron Avery; 06-26-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:09 PM
One more view.
Ron

Views:	64
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	451962  
Old 06-26-2016, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
The 4 post lift can run on 110v or 220v. Mine in on 110v which works fine ( all be it a little slower than 220 V)
My one post only works with 220v, it needs more torque to lift the car. The cars on top, left 1965 Jaguar E-Type coupe, right Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
Ron
At what point do you get a bigger garage?

Old 06-26-2016, 12:11 PM
Aston22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I run 2 10000lb 4 post lifts. Great for winter storage and working on the vehicle. The one lift I have a 4500lb rolling hydraulic jack. The lifts are from Liftpro in Calgary Alberta. They are just a direct lift garage line. Works great plus if you want to move the lift they come with special fillets that you install when the lift is empty and roll the whole lift anywhere in your garage you want. Re level and away you go. Very stable I store a 8000lb truck on one through the winter as well.

Old 06-26-2016, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by alexhuth
At what point do you get a bigger garage?
There in lies my quandary , when we moved I had a three car garage with two lifts. For a total of five car storage. Now we have a two car garage with four cars.
We do not have any room to in large the garage. I also had to sell my Lotus Evora, because I had no garage space for it. Has it is my wife's Mini sits in the driveway. The lift company I talked about also has a wide verity of lifts and racks they sell. If you looked them up on line I bet you could find a solution for what you are looking for. I understand that you only want to have your car a working height. I do the same when I detail my cars. My lifts are rated at 4500 lbs each.
Ron

Old 06-26-2016, 02:35 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Here's my Vantage on the QuickJacks -

Name:	IMG_20160618_112121951.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	576.4 KB
ID:	451984  
Old 06-26-2016, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff_335i
Winner winner. Definitely going with the quickjack!

Old 06-26-2016, 03:19 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Just got my Quickjack delivered Friday. It's a thing of beauty.

Old 06-26-2016, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff_335i
By the way, the photo shows the jacks at the lower of the 2 locked positions. The perfect height for working on wheels and brakes. It also goes up to a position nearly twice as high, just right for rolling under the car on a creeper.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:53 PM
Zard is on a distinguished road
The Quickjack works great

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ezcarlift anyone hear of it?