Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

History Repeats Itself

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Maybe a dumb question but looks like your hood was metal? Carbon fiber wouldn't bend like that would it? Always figured it would reach a certain point and then crack or shatter. Only Carbon on my 09 DB9 is hood and always wondered what would happen if hit.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:56 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I saw the aftermath of a 2008 vantage hood opening at freeway speeds - definitely metal! As a side note I did a moron thing today - filled with gas then took the vantage (2015) thru the touch less wash, when I pulled out I noticed I forgot to put the gas cap back on. I put HEET in the tank assuming it took on some water. IDIOT ME!!!!

Old 07-11-2016, 07:18 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Old phart
Maybe a dumb question but looks like your hood was metal? Carbon fiber wouldn't bend like that would it? Always figured it would reach a certain point and then crack or shatter. Only Carbon on my 09 DB9 is hood and always wondered what would happen if hit.
Sorry to inform you, but your hood is aluminum, unless it is from a DBS.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:33 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
This is so painful to witness. Hopefully, they'll get you sorted in no time.

Hate to tell you, but you rear ended someone, which is always something you want to avoid. FWIW, when you have a daisy chain of rear ends, the liability goes always the way down the chain until the last person is reached. Drunk driving and leaving the scene are separate issues.

Last edited by terminal_ac; 07-11-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:58 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Ouch that hurts just to look at it. Hope the repairs go smoothly.
Ron

Old 07-11-2016, 10:31 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Thanks guys. I'll let you know what happens but I'm expected to get screwed on liability.

Originally Posted by Old phart
It's aluminum on the V8V and yours should be, too, unless you've swapped it out.

Aluminum: lightweight but is usually scrap when bent. Trying to bend it back can easily result in it breaking at the crease.
Steel: heavy but can be repaired more easily when damaged compared to aluminum, as it won't break at the crease.
Carbon fiber: lightest weight of all, but will crack (if not break a chunk off) when damaged.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:45 PM
sierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nice
Sorry to see that! It's amazing how many people are on the road in some sort of impaired state these days.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:29 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I had an accident some years ago with a car slamming the brakes in front of me on the freeway. Three cars ended up being involved and the citation went to the person who slammed their brakes on. The police did arrive on the scene though and gave the front car total blame.

Hope all goes well for you.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Oh no.
My nightmare got real here.
Hope you get her back in shape soon.

Just wondering, isn't it cheaper to pay the damage yourself in the end?
My Wife scratched the X5's bumper couple years ago and reported the damage to the insurance.
The Insurance is still raping me for that years later.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:09 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
that sucks to hear. goodluck with repairs.

btw, who is your insurance through? curious as to how they'll handle this and your future premium.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:07 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
You are actually lucky IMHO, that the girl fled the scene. Absent any extenuating circumstances you are always at fault when you rear end somebody. By leaving the scene of the accident it lends weight to the fact that she was wrong.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:18 PM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
She should have not been backing up...

Old 07-12-2016, 03:30 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Not sure on the laws where you are but here if you run in the back of someone its your fault period no questions asked it dont matter your done .
They can charge you with either following to close or if they really want to nail you then its a careless driving charge and watch your insurance co dump you like a lead weight .
The fact that she fled is probably a blessing , she probably had no insurance and you got off lightly as the cop could have really nailed you if he saw you driving an expensive luxury car ie this guy has $$$$$$

Old 07-12-2016, 04:21 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by oo7
She should have not been backing up...
No one was backing up.

Old 07-12-2016, 05:34 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
So sorry about your luck but the vcollection racing hood would be a good way to forget it ever happen :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: History Repeats Itself