Aston Martin Vantage pricing and models

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 04:35 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sdcruiser
Yeah like this car:

http://astonmartinsandiego-px.rtrk.c...9bb53412e7.htm

That side GT stripe is hideous and detracts from the clean look. Otherwise a great car and I love stick. Dealer wants 95k but if talk down to 85 with extra 2 year warranty would be nicer car. I am looking at this one as well:

http://astonmartinsandiego-px.rtrk.c...vdp-recentCars

I much prefer stick but San Diego traffic during rush hour times (7-11am, 2pm-7pm) pretty horrid in last few years. Try driving on I5, 805, 8 it is nightmare!

I need to drive the stick to see how it compares. I have money so can work deal out here on a car.

Not a big fan of convertibles though I prefer coupes.
The 15 is a pretty well optioned GT, as far as I know it has 2 owners already. My buddy was very close to getting this car 2 months ago, as he loved the B&O system. However, they weren't interested in going down too much and he ended up with a R8. The GT stripes on the bottom comes off easily, however the painted grey on the pillars and the lips are permanent.

I got my 15 GT from them, although with a different sales team than they have now, but the guys now are pretty nice whenever I go visit, and they arrange for a tour of the factory for me this May.

I stay on the 15 side, thank god I don't have to go up the 805, so I can see why might want to avoid the stick. However, the car will probably be more smooth and eats less of the clutch in a manual.

Hit me up for more info or a car meet in the future.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:35 PM
larryg is on a distinguished road
I personally vote for the 2013
Very pretty car
Can't go wrong with either
I do prefer the manual however

Last edited by larryg; 07-26-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:56 PM
sdcruiser is an unknown quantity at this point
I will see what kind of final deal I can work out with AM in San Diego. So far, they have been great to work with in each area. Funny before AM, I was considering Porsche 911 Turbo, Bentley GT and old Ferrari 360/Lambo Gallardo. BUT for under 100k, I'd be looking at 2002 models of these and they are not as nice to drive daily or distance wise. Except for Bentley but that is like driving a British boat. As a second car if I had 200k to play with on a toy then sure a low mileage used Lambo or Ferrari would be awesome. Plus I dont want too much attention. To me, AM is the best blend of exotic looks and smooth.

I work from home so having a manual is better but need to drive the AM manual. Porsche makes one of the best smoothest shifting sticks. I was impressed with the AM V8V automatic shifter however.

Sure hit me up for future drive. Do they have a cars and coffee meetup here in San Diego with folks who have nice cars like they do in LA/OC?

Last edited by sdcruiser; 07-26-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by sdcruiser
I will see what kind of final deal I can work out with AM in San Diego. So far, they have been great to work with in each area. Funny before AM, I was considering Porsche 911 Turbo, Bentley GT and old Ferrari 360/Lambo Gallardo. BUT for under 100k, I'd be looking at 2002 models of these and they are not as nice to drive daily or distance wise. Except for Bentley but that is like driving a British boat. As a second car if I had 200k to play with on a toy then sure a low mileage used Lambo or Ferrari would be awesome. Plus I dont want too much attention. To me, AM is the best blend of exotic looks and smooth.

I work from home so having a manual is better but need to drive the AM manual. Porsche makes one of the best smoothest shifting sticks. I was impressed with the AM V8V automatic shifter however.

Sure hit me up for future drive. Do they have a cars and coffee meetup here in San Diego with folks who have nice cars like they do in LA/OC?
The only I have been to is one at Rancho Santa Fe. Def not the typical cars and coffee. Lots of nice cars, air cool porsches, etc and definitely different crowd. One guy rotates between his F40/F50/Enzo.

As for the aston, The manual is not too bad to drive as a daily, the clutch is much lighter than my 95 e36m3 which i drove 15 yrs ago in LA traffic. That got my left food dead really quick.

A few of my coworkers are starting some weeked cruises soon. One guy just got a new blue GT3RS which looks pretty badass

Old 07-26-2016, 09:00 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I bought my GT because it had no stripes, was alloro green with a grey interior. I would have bought it with a 6 speed or sportshift . It was a ss which I actually prefer.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:16 PM
Ok I need to drive the manual AM V8V GT they have then to make final decision. Just out of curiosity, what cars did you own and consider before your AM V8V ? I see a lot of hate on the Mercedes AMG forums that AM V8V cars are slow compared to Merc AMG cars. However, folks on Ferrarichat and Lambo forums praise AM as great daily sports cars and these guys own Ferraris and Lambos.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:47 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
I had a SL63 AMG prior to my Vantage S.

To this day, it's one of the few cars I miss. That is not to say I would prefer it to my Vantage. I miss the wonderfully exhilarating exhaust note. It's more raw and menacing; whereas the Aston is a refined growl in comparison.

The AMG had an adjustable suspension that took the ride from elegant to seemingly sporty. This made it a winner with the wife, who compares the Aston to being in. Vita-Mix.

The AMG had a hard top convertible that made the car equally sexy with the top up or down. I'm not a huge fan of soft tops.

The AMG had these wonderfully comfortable seats with massage, heat, and cool... And an air scarf!! The Aston has much nicer leather that still smells divine!!

The AMG had loads more HP and torque, but it was considerably heavier, and required a lot more work on the track.

I wish I would have kept it as a daily driver... And plan on perhaps buying one again in the future, provided I can find another one with Carbon and the Performance Package.

Still, I would NEVER give up the Aston for an AMG!!

The Aston has a presence that the Merc just can't rival! Every time I sit in it, or start it, I can't help but smile.

The gearbox feels soft, until you mash the pedal and up shift near the rev-limiter... That's when it truly shines, and makes you feel like your being whacked in the back of the head! Bloody Brilliant feeling that encourages you to find long open roads just to feel the gearbox come alive!!

As much as I loved my SL, and plan on having one again someday, it would never be at the expense of an Aston....

Old 07-27-2016, 05:05 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I had two AMG - nice but every time I drive the Aston its special... That feeling quickly went after I had the AMG's a few weeks.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:50 AM
Right on Batman-76, totally agree! As a fan of AMG and M cars, I've driven the AMG models including SL65 which is great rocket however the style and comfort and unique factor of an AM is second to none. For example, while Ferrari and Lambo have the flash and go fast factor, they still dont look as good.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:50 AM
I have a 08 Scud and so those are probably polar opposites. The Scud is raw and high pitch loud and in Ferrari red. The aston is compose and lower pitch but still a good sound and in black. I get more thumb ups in the astons from enthusiast while in the Ferrari a different kind of stares. They def serve two different purposes. I love both in different way. The wife definitely prefers the aston.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:15 AM
Wow a Scud is a fun awesome ride! But twice as much as the AM and not as good a daily cruiser. Totally agree night and day.