Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Vantage pricing and models

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 04:43 PM
sdcruiser is an unknown quantity at this point
Aston Martin Vantage pricing and models

So I am looking at buying a 2013 Aston Martin V8 vantage for sale at 85k in San Diego. Love the car and drove it. But my question is how does the newer Vantage GT 2015 model differ? I see one for a bit more than the 2013 AM V8V that I drove.

Was looking at DB9 but prefer the sportiness of AM V8V over the heavier DB9.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:19 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I have a 2015 GT and it's equivalent to the Vantage S as far as suspension and powertrain as well as the great sound of sports exhaust over standard Vantage. Also consider the warranty is still in effect on the 2015 and for the first five years is much more reasonable to extend the warranty. Your better off with the 2015 even if it's a little bit more. You also get the upgraded Garman Nav system, back up cam, and a few more goodies.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:13 PM
Thanks I will look at 2015 AM GT cars. See one here for 85k on sale with low miles and 2 years left on factory warranty:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aston-Martin...m=112066038921

Getting a newer car with factory warranty for same price is good deal. So, did AM cut corners in quality on the GT versus the previous Vantage to lower costs?

Last edited by sdcruiser; 07-25-2016 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:12 PM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
I was in a similar dilemma 9 months ago deciding between a brand new '15 V8V GT or a '14 V8V with 1,500 miles. In the end I picked the '14 and here is why:

1. I wanted an exterior color that is other than the five color limited choices available for the GT.
2. I like the N400 side skirt/sill (better suiting the nice flow line design of the Vantage model, IMHO)
3. I honestly can't feel the 10 HP difference.

I don't think AM cut any corners in creating the '15 V8V GT model. Although the seat leather in the GT that I sat felt a bit "down grade" than those in the '14 V8V I ended up purchasing.

BTW, my '14 came with the back-up camera, which is a great feature to have. As for the Garmin Nav, never used it once. I always have my Google Map as my nav anyways.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with your purchase. Cheers!!!

Last edited by PK_Vantage; 07-25-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sdcruiser
Thanks I will look at 2015 AM GT cars. See one here for 85k on sale with low miles and 2 years left on factory warranty:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aston-Martin...m=112066038921

Getting a newer car with factory warranty for same price is good deal. So, did AM cut corners in quality on the GT versus the previous Vantage to lower costs?
No corner cutting just a run-out special, and some trunk money and more aggressive pricing.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 07-26-2016, 04:06 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
I bought a new 2014 V8V. IMO the quality of the leather seems different than the GT.
Generally more Alcantera in the GT as well.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:32 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
If Stuart is correct-and he always seems to be, the GT is the way to go.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:49 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Keep in mind, asking price and the price the dealer will take are two very different things. If a GT has been advertised for a while ask if they will accept maybe $5k to $10k less or throw in another two year warranty extension. On my 09 a few years ago, the price had recently been reduced $15k and I asked and got free covered shipping California to Minnesota .

Old 07-26-2016, 08:01 AM
True and I noticed that the 2013 AM V8V that I looked at here in San Diego had the upgraded package for nav/radio and the leather and alcantara was nicer than the newer GT car that I saw plus it has the 7 speed automatic which I prefer for city driving. Love the AM cars and was considering an older used Bentley GT or Porsche 911 turbo but the Bentley drove like a boat and the Porsche had a crappy interior.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:07 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
The V8V GT is a great buy. The performance of the V8VS but without the expensive carbon fiber, and with fewer options to streamline (reduce cost of) construction. Their prices can climb, though, if you want to outfit things that aren't standard.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:12 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Get the GT, they made regular color GTs as well

Old 07-26-2016, 01:35 PM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
Its an interior style & options decision in my opinion. From what I have seen in the used market, most of the GTs have the Alcantara interior with some sort of stripe and external graphics. There were also some other no-cost add-on options that you may want to see if you like. If you like what you see, then go for it!

However, if you prefer the look and feel of the interior in the non-GT versions, that might sway you the other way (unless you find a GT with the color/styling options you like).

Also, make sure the GT you are looking at has the options you want. There doesn't seem to be a lot of difference in the standard equipment, but from what I have seen, a lot of the GTs didn't get some of the optional equip since many were spec'd as a price play.

Here is a great thread started by Karl that lays out some of the key differences between the two different types.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-v8v-v8vs.html

When it comes to HP and exhaust note, I think getting those gains and sound from aftermarket is pretty easy and you can slightly tune the sound/volume to exactly what you want.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:02 PM
Thanks I am not a fan of the GT pinstripe decal but love the added performance!

I see tons of nice 2013-2015 models for 80-90k with warranty left over. Funny thing is that I just had the chance to test drive a 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo for comparison. The Porsche 911 turbo has 520HP and is nice car but the AM is way nicer and more fun to drive and looks a lot nicer! Plus everyone in San Diego has a Porsche very few AM cars.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:07 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sdcruiser
Thanks I am not a fan of the GT pinstripe decal but love the added performance!

I see tons of nice 2013-2015 models for 80-90k with warranty left over. Funny thing is that I just had the chance to test drive a 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo for comparison. The Porsche 911 turbo has 520HP and is nice car but the AM is way nicer and more fun to drive and looks a lot nicer! Plus everyone in San Diego has a Porsche very few AM cars.
Are you talking about the GT stripes on the bottom of the car? Those come off very easily. How bout the 2016 GT convertible they have for like 45k off?

For sure there are not too many astons in San Diego, I would go for a manual one as traffic here is not too horrendous. What part of SD are you in?

Old 07-26-2016, 04:18 PM
Yeah like this car:

http://astonmartinsandiego-px.rtrk.c...9bb53412e7.htm

That side GT stripe is hideous and detracts from the clean look. Otherwise a great car and I love stick. Dealer wants 95k but if talk down to 85 with extra 2 year warranty would be nicer car. I am looking at this one as well:

http://astonmartinsandiego-px.rtrk.c...vdp-recentCars

I much prefer stick but San Diego traffic during rush hour times (7-11am, 2pm-7pm) pretty horrid in last few years. Try driving on I5, 805, 8 it is nightmare!

I need to drive the stick to see how it compares. I have money so can work deal out here on a car.

Not a big fan of convertibles though I prefer coupes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin Vantage pricing and models