Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

GT vs. V8V/V8VS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 05:18 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
GT vs. V8V/V8VS

To help clear some of the confusion as to the difference in the GT spec versus the other models, I thought I'd outline the differences.

General
  • The GT is limited to 5 paint color choices. The painted, contrasting-color accents (Graphics Pack) seen in most GT pictures, which includes lipstick, mirror covers, A-pillar/cant rail (coupe only) and rear airfoil, is an additional cost option
  • The GT logo vinyl stripe is included but can be deleted at no cost.
  • The GT is limited to 2 primary leather color choices (Obsidian Black or Argento Gray). However, you can choose whether you prefer an all-leather interior or Alcantara for the door cards and seat inserts at no extra cost. You can also choose an accent stripe color from a limited color pallete; any color and type of contrast stitching; leather or Alcantara steering wheel; any color Alcantara headliner again, all at no extra cost.

Standard equipment (no-cost) on all 8 and 12-cyl Vantages
  • Choice of Comfort or Sport suspension (not available on V8V)
  • Dual-cast rotors and 6-piston front / 4-piston rear calipers
  • Nav system (Garmin)
  • Backup camera
  • Rain-sensing wipers
  • Automatic headlights
  • Alcantara boot cover

Optional equipment (additional cost) on GT but standard (no-cost) on all other 8 and 12-cyl Vantages
  • Bluetooth audio and cruise control (Technology Pack).

Standard equipment (no-cost) on GT but optional (additional cost) on all other 8 and 12-cyl Vantages
  • 430HP engine as in V8VS (not available on V8V)
  • Black -trimmed clear taillights
  • Black bezel headlights
  • Black anodized pedals
  • Black window trim
  • Black textured exhaust pipes
  • Black bonnet and side-strake meshes
  • Black door sill plates (standard on V8VS)
  • Headrest model logo stitching
  • Alcantara instrumeht binnacle
  • Alcantara steering column shroud
  • Alcantara steering wheel or leather w/ contrast 12-o'clock stitching
  • Carbon fiber gearshift surround (6-speed manual only)

Optional equipment (additional cost) on all 8 and 12-cylinder Vantages
  • Roadster or Coupe
  • Manual (not available on V12VS) or Sportshift II/III
  • Lightweight wheels
  • Extra glass ECU key
  • Painted calipers
  • Carbon fiber splitter and rear diffuser (standard on V12VS and V8VS)
  • Memory seats
  • Heated seats
  • AM wing logo headrest stitching
  • Auto-dimming rearview mirror
  • Homelink
  • Any exterior carbon fiber trim (side strakes, mirror caps, taillight inserts)
  • Any interior carbon fiber trim (waterfall fascia, door pulls, boot cover)
  • Full piano black interior
  • Black instrument controls (anodized)
  • Black aircon vents
  • Premium or B&O audio
  • Black or shiny 6-bar grille
  • Front parking sensors
  • Sport exhaust (standard on V12VS and V8VS)

Old 06-25-2015, 07:56 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
But for 2016 doesn't it have the new infotainment system for the tech pack?

Old 06-25-2015, 10:47 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Just curious Karl, I got my GT without the tech pack, but the cruise control work. Did I get lucky?

Old 06-25-2015, 11:21 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rohnin
But for 2016 doesn't it have the new infotainment system for the tech pack?
Since the GT is a special edition, no word yet on whether it will be offered as a 2016 model.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by smdzucladoc
Just curious Karl, I got my GT without the tech pack, but the cruise control work. Did I get lucky?
Yes, you did. And apparently so did others. Our guess is that they had a batch of wheels that were already fitted with the controls, so they went ahead and installed them and enabled the cruise feature in the firmware.

You will notice, however that, although you also have the bluetooth controls on the left, you cannot pair or use your phone.

Even though you can't use the phone, you can still use the phone's "call" button to pause/play the stereo and the phone volume up/down control to zoom in/out on the navigation's map screen.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:21 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Added to the FAQ, thanks for putting this together!

Old 06-26-2015, 09:02 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
The GT seems like such a better value as I prefer a less frills Vantage anyways, but it has all the desirable performance upgrades. How long will they be continuing the production run?

Also, I had the pleasure of driving the new C63S (which has the same engine as the AMG GTS and supposedly the new vantage). The version I drive had a stage 1 tune on it too (550hp/tq at the wheels!)... And it was an absolute torque monster. It did not have quite the top end of the NA vantage, but it does sound amazing and the tuning potential on them is insane. The debate becomes, wait for the new GTS based vantage or get one of the last of the older "true" vantage.

The 4.7L still can be decently tuned to bring out a good 40-50 hp in conjunction with x-pipe and tune, so 480-490 should be easily doable. I was debating getting the 7spd sport shift 2 and also doing the transmission software upgrade to improve drive ability both around town and on track.

What do you think Karl?

Old 06-26-2015, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Since the GT is a special edition, no word yet on whether it will be offered as a 2016 model.
There will be a 2016 model

Old 06-26-2015, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
…<snip>The 4.7L still can be decently tuned to bring out a good 40-50 hp in conjunction with x-pipe and tune, so 480-490 should be easily doable. I was debating getting the 7spd sport shift 2 and also doing the transmission software upgrade to improve drive ability both around town and on track.

What do you think Karl?
I think that you're asking the wrong guy. I'm pretty much "Captain Slow" on the racetrack (you can ask some of my Lotus buddies). So, the GT is fast enough for me out of the box.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:44 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Hi Karl, sorry to bug you again. Knowing that I got lucky with the cruise control, now I'm thinking about retrofitting the bluetooth. Can i buy the module and install it myself and then get it activated at the dealer with AMDS?
Thanks

Originally Posted by karlfranz
Yes, you did. And apparently so did others. Our guess is that they had a batch of wheels that were already fitted with the controls, so they went ahead and installed them and enabled the cruise feature in the firmware.

You will notice, however that, although you also have the bluetooth controls on the left, you cannot pair or use your phone.

Even though you can't use the phone, you can still use the phone's "call" button to pause/play the stereo and the phone volume up/down control to zoom in/out on the navigation's map screen.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:26 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
I feel like the options list has gotten much more basic since when it was first launch. Is that the case, or did the configurator just get simpler?

Old 06-27-2015, 02:14 AM
The configurator is just designed to give you a basic idea of what the final product can look like. It has never included all the options you can choose from.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:48 AM
Karl, no where does it mention transmission cost. Is the sport shift a no cost option?

Old 06-27-2015, 05:16 PM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Karl, no where does it mention transmission cost. Is the sport shift a no cost option?
The base Msrp will be higher (about 4-5k I believe) for a sportshift vs a manual. They don't break out the transmission selection under the options list. Or that's how it is on the window sticker for the base vantage.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:58 AM
Did the base price increase for the 2016 GT? And does anyone have pics of the new center stack?

I'm debating whether to wait another year for the final edition in 2017 or not..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT vs. V8V/V8VS