Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

All I wanted Was a Quiet Weekend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 05:18 PM
jfdeasy9608 is an unknown quantity at this point
All I wanted Was a Quiet Weekend

Have you ever seen something that just takes that extra second for your brain to process and then it hits you....Damn, how did that happen? Yesterday I'm leaving work and as I walk out to my car, I notice something isn't right. All of a sudden it hits me. The passenger headlamp washer cover is missing. Not broke, missing. Ok, I'm asking myself how did this happen? Nothing looks broken, no sharp edges, just gone. So, now its off to the dealer to order the part. The tech tells me I have to drop the front bumper to access the pump in order to fit the replacement cover. There has to be a better way. Really don't want to have them install a $97 part and charge 4+ hrs of labor. Has this happened to anyone else?

Old 07-29-2016, 06:37 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I would have to fix it myself. But I'd be pissed the whole time.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:00 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Common occurrence, unfortunately.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:01 PM
jfdeasy9608 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there a better procedure than removing the front bumper?

Old 07-29-2016, 09:07 PM
impulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the rough
On VWs, I have someone activate the headlight washer while I grab it when it pops up, then clip the cover and release it. Don't know if it's doable on Astons...

Old 07-30-2016, 05:24 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jfdeasy9608
Is there a better procedure than removing the front bumper?
Might be able to remove the airbox but it's still a bit of work.

Old 07-30-2016, 06:39 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
as deckman said ,you can save all the cost and fix it yourself,thats if
you like working on cars,its a hobby of mine,
not a hard job taking the headlight out,just time consuming,give yourself a day
look at it as a getting familiar with the car, but i would be pissed too.....

Old 07-31-2016, 04:42 AM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
Happens frequently on bmws. They end up on eBay. The thief got it off without removing the bumper. I'm sure you can get it back on. I don't have them on my AM or I'd look. On a BMW you pull out the spray nozzle using needle nose pliers and clip the cover on by sliding it up onto the nozzle head.