Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Best place to sell AM online?

Old 08-19-2016, 08:42 PM
SealTTX50 has a spectacular aura aboutSealTTX50 has a spectacular aura about
Best place to sell AM online?

Appreciate input on the best place to list a Rapide S online?

Old 08-21-2016, 08:50 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
I've purchased my last 3 cars including my DBS and Ferrari 360 through searches on cars.com and autotrader.com. If I were going to be selling a modern car today these are the sites I'd focus on. Good luck!

Old 08-21-2016, 11:18 PM
mfrankel is on a distinguished road
Seal,

I'm going to be debating upon a Rapide S next year. Out of curiosity, what has your experience been...why are you moving on?

...and best of luck. I too bought my AM through cars.com.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:37 AM
AusTTin Bob is on a distinguished road
I found my V8V on Autotrader.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:53 AM
W126C will become famous soon enough
I too will agree with the online listings. Every morning I would check them all, from there the dealership was contacted.

Regards,

Old 08-22-2016, 02:35 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
i'm actually a big fan of both ebay and cargurus, my vehicle was at some point listed on both.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:49 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Over the last few years I bought my cars from:
Cars.com (last car BMW X5)
Craigslist (Last car Porsche 993)
eBay (last car BMW Z4)
Autotrader (Aston)

IMO Autotrader is the worst in every aspect.
Sorting is not possible since they sell how high up your add will be visible.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:28 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Zettinger
eBay (last car BMW Z4)
Autotrader (Aston)

Couldn't agree more! And their app is garbage compared to Cars.com.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:06 PM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
eBay (last car BMW Z4)
Autotrader (Aston)

I actually think autotrader has the best ability to show me the cars I want in the order I want. I don't mind looking at two groups, premium and standard listings.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:31 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sinKing
I actually think autotrader has the best ability to show me the cars I want in the order I want. I don't mind looking at two groups, premium and standard listings.
Two groups would be great!!!
Autotrader has Featured > Sponsored > Advertised > Premium > Standard listening while it still feels inside a category, none will sort as you want.

It always will show a car without any of your requirements first since the, mostly dealer, paid most as "sponsored listing"
Then boosts a premium listing what is on the limit of your miles / price.
Depending on car model you can go couple pages till you find a private listing you would consider.
Between, no matter if you shop for a BMW or a Bugatti, you will get Kia Rio offer as featured listings.

it gets even worse. As mentioned above the App is in fact garbage.
When I try to pull up saved searches, the app crashes every time. The application does this for years. No update helped so far.

No biggy, just pull your requirements. Manual tranny is sub, subsub menue but the app shows Automatic transmissions anyway.

cars.com is IMO by far the better option.

Old 08-24-2016, 04:42 PM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Two groups would be great!!!
Autotrader has Featured > Sponsored > Advertised > Premium > Standard listening while it still feels inside a category, none will sort as you want.

It always will show a car without any of your requirements first since the, mostly dealer, paid most as "sponsored listing"
Then boosts a premium listing what is on the limit of your miles / price.
Depending on car model you can go couple pages till you find a private listing you would consider.
Between, no matter if you shop for a BMW or a Bugatti, you will get Kia Rio offer as featured listings.

it gets even worse. As mentioned above the App is in fact garbage.
When I try to pull up saved searches, the app crashes every time. The application does this for years. No update helped so far.

No biggy, just pull your requirements. Manual tranny is sub, subsub menue but the app shows Automatic transmissions anyway.

cars.com is IMO by far the better option.

That's weird. I don't see any of that. If I search for 2006 - 2008 Vantages with manual transmissions, black exteriors, and black interiors - that's what I get assuming the seller marked everything down correctly.

Do you run an ad block extension? I don't dare venture on the internet without ad block plus because of the level of ads out there. That might be the reason you see so much garbage and I don't.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:03 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Cars is far superior to that POS Autotrader. Stupid listings order. End up seeing the same car ad more than once. Even good 'oil eBay is better than AT...

Old 08-24-2016, 10:46 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
My car was on Ebay Motors, but none of the others. A small broker specializing in British cars had it listed.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:35 PM
EuroKip is an unknown quantity at this point
Had been on hunt for my v8vs for 3 months. While searching all the major online sites , I continued to come across listings that were posted in multiple locations , and mostly from dealers. It would seem to me that if you want to play in their arena , you should be in their shadow. As a shopper , cars.com was my primary go-to

Last edited by EuroKip; 08-25-2016 at 11:54 PM.