Views:	135
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	456983

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160819_172918.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	456984

My custom sill plates arrived late yesterday. These look great and I'm really impressed. They truly are a work of art, in my opinion. These are very difficult to photograph and I don't possess great skills in this area. I believe the detail is visible enough in the pictures though. I tried to take the picture at an angle to darken the engraving a bit. Thus getting an idea of what the painted plate will look like.

Now it off to get the right black paint and finish them up. I'm going to take the post space below for pictures of the finished plates.

Regards,

Old 08-20-2016, 11:38 AM
W126C will become famous soon enough

Name:	20160822_182807.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	457184
Painted engraving with flat black.

Name:	20160822_183233.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	995.5 KB
ID:	457185
Original sill plate, it was off center when I bought the car.

Name:	20160822_212858.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	457186
Final polish. I may have over done it a bit. Easy enough to put it back to a satin finish.

Name:	20160822_215428.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1,004.5 KB
ID:	457187
Installed

Regards,

Last edited by W126C; 08-22-2016 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:34 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Are these oem or made aftermarket? How much were these?

Old 08-21-2016, 07:26 PM
-G-
-G- is on a distinguished road
They look great so far. Looking forward to seeing the final pieces.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:18 PM
My apologies, just a crazy weekend. I'll try to finish these this week.

captain Greg did the CDC work. I'm not sure if he will be making anymore. I'll let him chime in on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke_A...ature=youtu.be
Just in case somebody missed the video.

Regards,

Old 08-22-2016, 10:31 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Very Nice!

Since I'm driving my previous owners name, my brother in law is in process for my new plates.

Hope they will looks like this.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:31 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zettinger
Very Nice!

Since I'm driving my previous owners name, my brother in law is in process for my new plates.

Would probably be cheaper to change your legal name

Old 08-22-2016, 02:45 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Zettinger
Very Nice!

Is he making you a new set entirely? interested in seeing pictures.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:35 PM
Pictures updated now in post #2.
These things are tough to photograph.

Regards,

Old 08-22-2016, 11:07 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
The shine, reflection does make it hard to take pics of, and in the real they present much better than on a pic because the writing reflects in itself, therefore it appears blurred
one would be silly to question the precision of CnC milling as was done by a certain forum member on here with the handle BMW
I would inlay green into the wings and black into the writing Aston in the wings, when it dries you simply put a 1000 water paper on a block and sand it back to a matt finish,
With mine , I ran just a coki pen into the writing ....best thing is it's stainless so when you want to change that simply throw it in paint remover and and buff with the water paper, you ain't ever going to sand through the writing

Just remember always run the water paper in one direction when flating it back

glad they got to you safe

Old 08-22-2016, 11:09 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by captain Greg
The shine, reflection does make it hard to take pics of, and in the real they present much better than on a pic because the writing reflects in itself, therefore it appears blurred
one would be silly to question the precision of CnC milling as was done by a certain forum member on here with the handle BMW
I would inlay green into the wings and black into the writing Aston in the wings, when it dries you simply put a 1000 water paper on a block and sand it back to a matt finish,
With mine , I ran just a coki pen into the writing ....best thing is it's stainless so when you want to change that simply throw it in paint remover and and buff with the water paper, you ain't ever going to sand through the writing

so interested in a set!

Old 08-23-2016, 06:08 AM
Thanks Greg. They look really good in person and as they say, pictures just don't do it justice. I just couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. I'm staying with the black as that looks closer to OEM. Another thing is the size is just right. When opening the door they are readable, not so small you strain your eyes to figure out what is written. These don't jump out at you either, they just look like they belong there.

Regards,

Old 08-24-2016, 01:21 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by W126C
Thanks Greg. They look really good in person and as they say, pictures just don't do it justice. I just couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. I'm staying with the black as that looks closer to OEM. Another thing is the size is just right. When opening the door they are readable, not so small you strain your eyes to figure out what is written. These don't jump out at you either, they just look like they belong there.

Regards,
Sweet glad it works

I will be popping in for a crown in a few months hope you do us proud

Old 10-06-2020, 03:49 PM
boyacasha is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by captain Greg

Hi Captain:
Are you still making these?
I would be interested in sill plates for my DB7 as well as a final inspection plate.

Old 10-06-2020, 03:57 PM
scotstern is on a distinguished road
I would also like a pair.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CNC Custom Sill Plates