Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Need help deciding what to do with my V8V

Old 08-27-2016, 05:54 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Good choice I'd keep it too

Old 08-30-2016, 11:05 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
I agree on one point... I have sold cars that are 'just sitting'... BUT don't let this one sit! Finances aside I also sell them when I am emotionally ready to move on.. not before that or I know I'd have regrets.

I drive my V8V stick daily and just about everywhere... I can usually find good parking so I am not thinking about it while its parked...

I have 63k on the odo.. but very little wear & tear... considering its a 10yr old car. Start driving it and don't look at the $$$. You will probably be right side up financially in a year anyway.

The quicker you start channeling some James Bond mojo... the better you will feel..

Old 08-30-2016, 12:21 PM
grendel88 is on a distinguished road
You have to realize that you lost money as soon as you bought car whether or not you financed, paid cash, drive it, store it, trade it in, sell it, whatever.

That lost money was supposed to be in exchange for happiness with the car.

If you were happy with the car before the accident, then you should be happy with it after you fix it. If you weren't that happy in the first place, then sell for what you can get depending how much your time is worth. If peace of mind and hassle free is worth $XXXXX then sell it to the dealer. If you have and resources, pay the car off and sell on ebay/privately.

My number one rule is you can make more money, but trying to lose less money by waffling is a bad choice. Time is everyone's most limited resource.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:18 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
glad to hear you're keeping it

Old 08-30-2016, 06:07 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zettinger
+11
That is the only way you get your value back on this beautiful car.

In case you want to split for 28k, this would make me think of a second beauty.
I can't believe anyone would give his Aston up for that money.
I second this!! I live in Austin and will give you $30k and add another one for the wife!

I bought mine from the dealer here back in 09 and still smile every time I get in the car and sh*t eating grin when I get on the right pedal.

My approach (not a sound financial approach) is to continue adding modifications to the car once a year or so. I have now added virtually everything you can do from an NA standpoint and put significantly more to the ground than the car advertised at the crank stock! Taking the car sideways on Lime creek is most fun! Don't think I will ever sell her.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:28 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Also just because one dealer gave you a low ball offer doesn't mean that is what your car is worth. Get it fixed up and put it on autotrader for a price YOU think is fair, and see what happens. If you don't like it get rid of it. Life is too short