Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 04:46 PM
pikajew is on a distinguished road

Progress pics.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:43 AM

Old 12-07-2016, 10:47 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
A lot more bling than I could handle, but some really awesome attention to detail. Looking forward to seeing how this comes together!

Old 12-07-2016, 11:22 AM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
Love the seats! great eye for detail.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:14 AM
Spent way too much time on photoshop and illustrator to create these vectors for my center dash icons (to be placed between layers of epoxy on the carbon fiber), and even countless more hours on my cricut machine to get these cut just right on gold foil... GLAD this part is over!

Old 12-11-2016, 01:32 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Wow,

Yes you are definitely going all out and covering every possible detail!!!!! My build is running into issues here and there, so haven't updated my thread yet. I just got back to the states and absolutely love my new car, just haven't driven it, due to waiting on Caliper seals to arrive to install the powder coated calipers. Just 48 more hours and I will be on the road.

I will likely contact you about the Glass buttons. I did copper calipers, with copper sill plates, so might want to make the glass button copper like you did yours in gold. But we will see

Love the Seats, very exceptional

Old 12-11-2016, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Wow,

Yes you are definitely going all out and covering every possible detail!!!!! My build is running into issues here and there, so haven't updated my thread yet. I just got back to the states and absolutely love my new car, just haven't driven it, due to waiting on Caliper seals to arrive to install the powder coated calipers. Just 48 more hours and I will be on the road.

I will likely contact you about the Glass buttons. I did copper calipers, with copper sill plates, so might want to make the glass button copper like you did yours in gold. But we will see

Love the Seats, very exceptional
Wow very cool! I debated copper - love the look - but the black and gold scheme all started because I bought the gold "dragon edition" wings from AMBits and the whole car is designed to match those! Lol

I have been through this process and know exactly what to do - it poses challenges because the housings are plastic. There is a great company in the UK (relatively inexpensive and quick) that has perfected the art of mixing electrostatic paint primer on plastic and then plating. You may want to also consider getting the clock trim done as I did followed by ***** by Stuart, which he also gold plated for me (but I'm sure he can do copper as well).

Also I strongly advise doing what I did: Mike at Bamford expertly took apart the housings on stock switches laying around his shop, then shipped to the plater (both in UK so it's quick), then the plater shipped the gold housings back to Mike so he could reassemble the housings with the glass buttons and then he tested each button. Not only will this speed up the process, but it will ensure that all the buttons click in perfectly (no damaged spring clips) and work as intended by the factory!

Just PM me when you need the info..

Last edited by pikajew; 12-11-2016 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:10 PM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
Very impressed by your commitment to doing things right! I took an easier route: I copied the heater etc. control icons from the .pdf of the owners manual, blew them up to the right size and cleaned them up, then had white rub-on transfers made. They went on fine and are holding up well, but I had four sets produced under the assumption that they'd get scratched after a while.

Old 12-12-2016, 03:02 AM
Originally Posted by zuman
Very impressed by your commitment to doing things right! I took an easier route: I copied the heater etc. control icons from the .pdf of the owners manual, blew them up to the right size and cleaned them up, then had white rub-on transfers made. They went on fine and are holding up well, but I had four sets produced under the assumption that they'd get scratched after a while.
That was smarter. Lol

Old 12-12-2016, 10:59 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Wow love the LED side markers, that looks futuristic AF

Old 12-12-2016, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by mkzhang
Wow love the LED side markers, that looks futuristic AF
Wait until you see the front ones, custom headlights and LED floodlights in the side and hood vents. Lol

Old 12-12-2016, 04:31 PM
For handyman2009 as requested. Hope that helps.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:48 PM

Progress pics

Old 12-12-2016, 05:02 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for the excellent photos that will be very helpful and let me be the first one to say "Wow" those seats look amazing, I will have to consider doing something like that one day

Old 12-13-2016, 12:59 PM
Stopped by the upholsterer this am.. Looking good!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's Alive!