Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Left Key in ignition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 01:42 PM
seastu is on a distinguished road
Left Key in ignition

Left my key in the ignition over night with accessories off ( 2016 Vantage) Car was on a battery tender. In the morning it showed very low charge. Re charging now just wondering if I messed anything up.😁😁😁

Old 09-09-2016, 08:48 AM
GDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the rough
The battery tender is not really a charger it is meant to keep the charge at level. It only supplys 0,8 Amp which obviously was not enough to eaqual the drain by leaving the key in. I would say that there is no malfunktion of the car or tender. Drive the car for an hour to recharge the battery and it'll be fine.
Cheers
Christian

Old 09-10-2016, 04:03 AM
seastu is on a distinguished road
Christian

Thanks

Old 09-11-2016, 09:09 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Scuse my ignorance? Does this mean you left the key in its slot? Or just lying in the car?
I leave mine in the center console for weeks and it just fires up when I call for the Aston moment (not often anymore cos they are real low)

Old 09-12-2016, 07:04 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
I would assume he left the key in the ingnition " slot", which continues to sent current to the radio and I suspect other stuff.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:48 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I too made this mistake... I had to jump the car but no harm was done.