Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Ribbon type wire attached to windshield

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 07:48 AM
Blueeyedog is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Ribbon type wire attached to windshield

I am repairing the sagging headliner with the awesome instructions I have found on this forum. When I removed the trim piece from the driver side pillar I noticed a small ribbon type wire which attaches to the windshield and was taped to the pillar. Is this part of the antenna integrated in the windshield? Should it be plugged in to something else or is it just supposed to be taped to the pillar? I just want to make sure I didn't disconnect something. The radio still works fine. Attached is a picture.

Thanks!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	458926  
Old 09-15-2016, 08:08 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
I had that as well, it was a velcro type ribbon that attaches to the pillar trim I think. I just left it alone and taped it back to the trim when I reinstall everything

Old 09-15-2016, 09:19 AM
Blueeyedog is an unknown quantity at this point
Perfect. Thanks for the response. The side pillar trim was the hardest part to take off. I didn't want to put it back and find out later that wire was a problem!!

Old 09-17-2016, 04:38 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Do you have a heated windshield ? My car , with a heated windshield, has wires at the A pillar area. Could it be that the windshield had been replaced with a heated version?

Old 09-18-2016, 02:23 PM
Timodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to behold
This connector/wiring is for an antenna. The heated windshield connects in the bottom center of the windshield, under the little plate with two T30 torx.