Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Nav Screen Transport

Old 09-24-2016, 02:23 PM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
Nav Screen Transport

This is a well-known issue, but if any of you have a balky nav screen mechanism (stuttering movement, partial opening/closing, etc.,) this is the likely reason:

Believe it or not, my screen still opened and closed most of the time. Nevertheless, the repair kit cost me a whopping $11 from my dealer and the install was simple (I already had the dash apart).

Official Aston Martin instructions attached...(my favorite line is "Remove all unwanted material from the transport mechanism").

Last edited by zuman; 07-05-2022 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:14 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by zuman
This is a well-known issue, but if any of you have a balky nav screen mechanism (stuttering movement, partial opening/closing, etc.,) this is the likely reason:

Believe it or not, my screen still opened and closed most of the time. Nevertheless, the repair kit cost me a whopping $11 from my dealer and the install was simple (I already had the dash apart).

Official Aston Martin instructions attached...(my favorite line is "Remove all unwanted material from the transport mechanism").

Mike,
If you have workshop manuals, could you PM me please. Being overseas, I am not sure that I can download what I would need too from the Aston manual site within the 24hrs. I desperately want to read AM manuals or repair books, just to become more familiar with the car. I wont be able to join their site for the 24hrs till I am pretty much driving the car. Don't want to wait.