Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Rapide VS Rapide S, anyone has experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 04:03 PM
lamborarri is on a distinguished road
Rapide VS Rapide S, anyone has experience?

I went to AM dealer test drove a 11 Rapide and 15 Rapide S, got some question, hope anyone here has experience can help.
I drove them back to back, including back roads (up and down hills) and high way pulls. I bought Ferrari and Bentley from the dealer before so they pretty much let me drove as much as I wanted during the test drive.

Despise almost 100hp difference on paper, I had problem to actually feel it. I drove Rapide first then the S right after. Handling was pretty much the same, the S chassis did feel a bit tighter when going over bad surface, that's about it. They are about $40k differences. I like the S look better, but I'm having hard time to find justify that 100hp or am I missing sth? All of them driven in S mode, only tried normal mode for a few min and it was boring, not worth bothering.

Here's where I'm coming from and what I'm looking to achieve. I'm hoping to get the Rapide or S as my daily. I currently have 14 B7, 14 S550 and 14 LX570, all of the lease will be up next month. I will probably get a new LX570 and Rapide or something more special, no more BMW or Merc. I need a usable rear seats for my 2 year old kid just occasionally, then the car must be fun and comfort.

Anyone have experience with both Rapide? Or any other cars in the league worth trying? Thank you in advance!