Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Vantage Clutch Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 05:32 PM
pauldowns is an unknown quantity at this point
Aston Martin Vantage Clutch Replacement

Can someone recommend an aftermarket clutch replacement kit or have any experience with this? AM wants $4500 for the parts alone. I have a 2008.

Thank you

Old 10-08-2016, 03:54 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by pauldowns
Can someone recommend an aftermarket clutch replacement kit or have any experience with this? AM wants $4500 for the parts alone. I have a 2008.

Thank you
Go with the velocity ap (FORUM SPONSOR) clutch kit. Not cheap but much better than the AM one. Hands down this is what you need to do.

Yep, clutches are not cheap for exotics. Labor is likely to be around 2k also. People have used Indy's for this , but if you just want a seamless process and no worries just pay the dealer for this repair. Some things are just better done there.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:44 AM
Aston Clutch replacement

Thanks for the reply.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:54 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by pauldowns
Thanks for the reply.
When I said use the dealer, I meant only for the labor.

Contact Stuart at VAP and he can square you away and explain anything you need to know at the same time

Old 10-08-2016, 08:22 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
I recently installed the Velocity AP clutch/Flywheel package. This in addition to their cats and a custom tune has absolutely transformed my car. Not just in power, but in immediate throttle response. If I am cruising along at 25 in second and floor it, the car now breaks traction. 390HP at rear wheel on 4.3L.

I highly advise upgrading to their package as acceleration in gears 1-3 is fantastic. Good luck.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:55 AM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74
I recently installed the Velocity AP clutch/Flywheel package. This in addition to their cats and a custom tune has absolutely transformed my car. Not just in power, but in immediate throttle response. If I am cruising along at 25 in second and floor it, the car now breaks traction. 390HP at rear wheel on 4.3L.

I highly advise upgrading to their package as acceleration in gears 1-3 is fantastic. Good luck.
I also have the VAP dual clutch/flywheel package and it is fantastic. I posted a very comprehensive review along with some pictures and the process of having an independent shop install it.

I paid about $6,000 for all the parts and labor at an independent shop. My local AM dealer wouldn't install aftermarket parts that were not purchased through them at ridiculous markup.

Here's a link: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4489440

Old 10-08-2016, 01:36 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74

Sent you a pm that you can ignore. You answered the question in your next post. Parts and labor for the clutch and cats (delete?) were just $6k? That is super reasonable.

Did you do a before and after dyno that would show the gains? 390 WHP is pretty impressive. That must be something like 65-70 increase from stock.

Last edited by deckman; 10-08-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Thanks to all for the advice and rapid responses. I'll check our Velocity and get back with an update.

Paul

Old 10-08-2016, 02:04 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by deckman
Sent you a pm that you can ignore. You answered the question in your next post. Parts and labor for the clutch and cats (delete?) were just $6k? That is super reasonable.

Did you do a before and after dyno that would show the gains? 390 WHP is pretty impressive. That must be something like 65-70 increase from stock.
The price response was not from me above. As for WHP the biggest gains were when I did the power upgrade and cats. Here is a link on the gains:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ats-today.html

Headers, FW/clutch and custom tune took me over 390 at the wheel

Old 10-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Thanks to all.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:02 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
I see where you are in NJ. Note that some AM dealers will install aftermarket parts. The dual disc clutch kit requires special tools which all dealers have. Before going to an independent shop check with your local AM dealer to see if they will install parts you buy.

Old 10-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Shoot me an email - Stuart@VelocityAP.com and I can run through everything with you. Sometimes AM dealers are hesitant at first but once we chat to them, will install, especially this kit because it is largely AM OEM parts.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-17-2016, 08:02 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Shoot me an email - Stuart@VelocityAP.com and I can run through everything with you. Sometimes AM dealers are hesitant at first but once we chat to them, will install, especially this kit because it is largely AM OEM parts.

I wish Kerbeck corporate would have seen it that way ;/ It goes up to Summitt next week for the install.

Shop around is all I can say. Telum gave me a fantastic quote on the OEM parts if I was going to have an indi do it, I ended up going with the V12 clutch from Stuart. Kerbeck refused to do the install, which sucks because they're 20 miles away. I called Summit and DC, Summit quoted me $2366 for the install, DC quoted me $3890. Yes, $1500 more to do the exact same thing. I didn't even call Miller or Long Island, I'm happy with the $2366, and will be really happy once the clutch is in and I can start to find the limits of this car!

BTW Summit was $5200 for a new OEM clutch installed, without flywheel.

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 10-17-2016 at 08:05 PM.