Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Pics of Pins/Connectors of Vantage CRM?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 04:17 AM
pikajew is on a distinguished road
Pics of Pins/Connectors of Vantage CRM?

I have a 08' V8V Roadster that I'm heavily modifying and I'm working with a company called Smarttop to try and figure out if they can make their remote convertible top module for Volvo/Ford work on the Astons. (You can open the top, close and open windows with clicks on the keyfob.)

I have already provided them the wiring diagram for my car (and they have confirmed with their techs the module should work), but they need pics of the pins/connectors to the CRM (part no. 6g33-13b524-cg).

Unfortunately, my CRM isn't in the center console (my Volvo airbag sensor is there), and the car is now off to painting so I can't check at the passenger rear wheel arch (2nd possible location).

Does anyone happen to have good pics of the pins/connectors to the CRM? The closest thing I could find was a grainy pic online and a down shot of an open CRM from a former thread.

If we can get this to work, they will offer this cool mod to all Aston roadster owners. Thx!

Old 10-24-2016, 09:13 AM
23546ghhga99 is on a distinguished road
I replaced capacitors and resistors on this module. Replacing those parts did not solve the problems with the CRM.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:55 PM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
I think the Vantage part is different than the DB9 CRM, right?
If not, I can ship you my original DB9 CRM - the one I replaced after it failed.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by zuman
I think the Vantage part is different than the DB9 CRM, right?
If not, I can ship you my original DB9 CRM - the one I replaced after it failed.
Very thoughtfull of you but are you able to send pics of the pins instead? Also a pic of the part no.? The wiring for our cars will work and id like to get this to work for us all.

It's really cool. Here's a link to it in action:
http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/index.php?p=b3JnYT1zbWFydHRvcCZncm91cD0yJmxhbmc9Mi ZjdXJyPTI=&action=products&cat=8&mode=view&id=62

Old 10-24-2016, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=pikajew;4573515]Very thoughtfull of you but are you able to send pics of the pins instead? Also a pic of the part no.? The wiring for our cars will work and id like to get this to work for us all.

It's really cool (had one on my 911). Here's a link to it in action: http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/in...ode=view&id=62

Last edited by pikajew; 10-24-2016 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:09 PM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
Best I can do (again, this is a DB9, not a Vantage):

Old 10-24-2016, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by zuman
Best I can do (again, this is a DB9, not a Vantage):

Beautiful! As expected the pins are the same!

Old 10-25-2016, 04:42 PM
Can anyone tell me where The CRM is located (08 V8V Roadster)? It's not in my center console (a Volvo airbag sensor is there). The wheel well liners have been removed all over the car and i still couldn't seem to find the CRM. (The closet I could find was a "Tonneau latch" module behind the passenger seat.) Any help would be much appreciated.