Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Tail lamp condensation, hosed on warranty.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 01:14 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Somebody [Rich?] needs to start a "fix taillight service" where we can just send out the lights and get ones back that are sealed, for life.

Old 05-18-2017, 03:33 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by powerbeautysoulAM
Is the condensation issue only on V8 Vantages?
I had those replaced twice on my 2015 DB9. Heard about a newer version which didn't help.
For anybody interested, the part numbers for the most recent replacement are:
Left DG33-37-10791 (different part number this time. Replacement part number in 2015 B-DG33-13405-AC)
Right DG33-37-10792 (same part number second time)
Both have black carbon fiber.
More in this thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-reliable.html

Last edited by cuddapah; 05-18-2017 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:13 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I still think a massive complaint to Aston Martin Corporate is in order about this problem - should have been fixed a decade ago

Old 05-19-2017, 09:23 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
So far I have been lucky and no problem.
Shame there is no way to survey the forum listing year..type car and submit to AM...
Facts generally go further than threats...

Old 05-21-2017, 07:03 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
sorry i didn't grab the part # when they were out. but i guess i am somewhat pleased to report drilling a few holes (as absurd as it may be) does take care of the issue.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:21 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't wash the car after both were replaced recently. Car wasn't in rain either. Yeterday before driving, I checked the car. No condensation. I drove about 80miles in around 50+ degrees weather. After parking the car, noticed condensation. Very strange

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	F58AF116-DF9D-4B65-833F-F69136F5D69F.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	3.31 MB
ID:	519864   Click image for larger version

Name:	3E897F7E-24FE-4C7F-B5B5-6A37E530D5BC.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	519865  
Old 01-26-2018, 05:18 AM
Does this water condensation cause any electric issues ? I am asking this because, for the first time, the in-built GPS unit turned blank and restarted itself while I am driving using GPS.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:41 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Have seen this issue on Rapide's as well.

Old 01-26-2018, 06:48 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I've had 5 Vantages - most of them had this problem during my ownership, new and used. I'd send them in and upgrade them for what it would cost to replace them with new lights that will surely fail again:

​​​​​​

Old 01-26-2018, 06:51 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Cuddapah - yes, I think it will eventually. One of my taillights failed from this condensation. (although I think there are really 2 levels - light condensation, then enough water to break into droplets).

To clarify though, the LEDs not working should not affect the rest of the electrical system. You may or may not even get a dashboard error when they fail (I didn't)

My brake light on one side failed soon after

I took the light apart, but I couldn't figure out what part failed on the circuit board. I do see though that it's not all that well protected (typically, I'd expect a silicone or urathane coating on the board - these ones don't have it).

My solution is a replacement circuit board - I'm in the testing phase now, but looks like it'll work fine. (I made a silly error reversing one of the connectors, so I need to revise the board, but I was able to make it work for testing.).

Matt

Old 01-26-2018, 08:02 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Luckily my 13 hasn't had this problem. Yet. But I have weeping timing cover gasket. Anyone want to trade problems?

Old 01-26-2018, 08:25 AM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Deckman...I am sorry to hear of this problem. Yea, I doubt anyone would swap your problem for theirs.

H-O had a problem but his cleared up after driving the car and having an oil change, I read on one threat. I wonder if you changed the oil and drove the car if it would clear up? I would use the 10-60 not the thinner 5-50 as some guys use.

Otherwise..if not bad...personally, I would let it. I thought AM fixed this problem around 09. Perhaps contact Irish07 and Mike at Bradford Rose on PM for tips. Both guys seem decent and honest from the threats I read here and on Piston-heads.

Best of luck...

Old 01-26-2018, 09:14 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Try fixing them before replacement. Common area @ outer edge needs resealed and when re-fitted needs a gap of 3mm away from the body to allow movement. Apply soap around sealing edge and apply low pressure thru back vent (remove grey cap to allow) and you will see the leak!

Old 01-26-2018, 01:03 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Aldv I use 10-60 always. My next change will be in the spring. Also I won't fix the slight leak until I see it starting to drip. Then I will finally dig deep into my wallet! As for driving it I know this is an individual decision but once salt goes down on the roads I don't usually take it out for the entire winter. It rained this week so I am considering taking it to meet my wife for dinner tonight. Then you have the cold temps with summer tires.

Sorry for the thread hijack. I'll stop now

Last edited by deckman; 01-26-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:15 PM
Deckman...you did not hi-Jack the threat. Hi-Jacking is like I once posted" Service in NJ" a complete threat with replies wiped off the forum it seems. LOL Now that is hi-jacking---

Yes--I will not drive in extreme cold or snow. This weekend is 50 plus so I will be out.

As for the leaking lights...I still believe a poll needs taken and given to Aston Martin management with a nice note asking for a solution from their engineers. Otherwise, your only solution is to repair yourself or buy Matt's board, which seems like the simple answer and fairly priced.

Afternoon Guys....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.