Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Are powerfold mirrors standard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 01:03 PM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
Does the 2010 look better than the 06-09 mirrors? I'd assume bigger is better viewing.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:41 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Don't blame the elephant

Always thought my coupe was difficult to see out of...caused by its wide "A" pillars, low seat height, laid back windshield angle and the cars' low relative height versus the sea of trucks and crossovers that populate our streets.

So when the mirrors got larger in 2010 I believed my situation would have been made worse. Looked to me like they used the same aluminum cast mounts and Volvo plastic injection moulded bases; just the glasses and their housings got taller. I was happy I had the early design on my car.

As an aside, don't know for sure, but an in cycle change of this nature was probably not Aston's idea. Didn't represent a cost or weight reduction nor an aerodynamic improvement, just the opposite. An FMVSS or EU regulation was a more likely motivator.

Old 11-03-2016, 06:32 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Found out it was the powerfold that made the passenger mirror come back pointing way right most of the time. I just disabled it on lock. The car looks better with the mirrors out anyway.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:47 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Correction, evidently it was not the powerfold. Twice since I disabled it the passenger mirror has been at full right, again when I got in it tonight. Third trip of the day, started and stopped about 12 times. Once at home, it's far right. It was a few days ago when I got in it. I haven't been able to catch when it's moving, but evidently it doesn't have anything to do with the powerfold.

Maybe a neighbor is screwing with me?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.