Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Indy service data point

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 03:07 PM
DonRW2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Indy service data point

I’ve had my V8V for about 3 months now, and have enjoyed every minute of the experience! Wanted to provide some input on recent maintenance...

The service records were mostly complete when I bought the car, but I wanted to establish a baseline for routine maintenance, and being a bit ****, decided to have all fluids changed at the 37K point. I have more disposable income than time at this point, so I had a local Indy shop, Hammersley LLC, perform the actual work. I bought all fluids and parts from Richard at Redpants.lol - check his prices to get my true total cost:

1) Oil and filter change
2) Coolant flush and fill
3) Air box deletes and new high performance filters installed
4) Flush and fill brake and clutch with racing fluid
5) Change gearbox oil
6) Change power steering fluid
7) General maintenance inspection

Total labor $1032 @ $129/hr.

I realize I could have been $1000 richer if I had done the work myself. I think what’s holding me back is a decent method to lift the car. For what it’s worth, I did buy the oil can collector kit and install myself!

DRW

Old 09-09-2018, 05:00 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
not terrible, couple indys near me charge 135 and 105 respectively.

Old 09-09-2018, 08:52 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DonRW2007
I’ve had my V8V for about 3 months now, and have enjoyed every minute of the experience! Wanted to provide some input on recent maintenance...

The service records were mostly complete when I bought the car, but I wanted to establish a baseline for routine maintenance, and being a bit ****, decided to have all fluids changed at the 37K point. I have more disposable income than time at this point, so I had a local Indy shop, Hammersley LLC, perform the actual work. I bought all fluids and parts from Richard at Redpants.lol - check his prices to get my true total cost:

1) Oil and filter change
2) Coolant flush and fill
3) Air box deletes and new high performance filters installed
4) Flush and fill brake and clutch with racing fluid
5) Change gearbox oil
6) Change power steering fluid
7) General maintenance inspection

Total labor $1032 @ $129/hr.

I realize I could have been $1000 richer if I had done the work myself. I think what’s holding me back is a decent method to lift the car. For what it’s worth, I did buy the oil can collector kit and install myself!

DRW
Quickjacks are about 1200 or so and lift the car 18-21"s. I am likely getting some myself, but........ I have taken mine to a local regular Virginia car shop and they charged me 39.99 plus tax to change my oil in my DB9. I provided the oil and filter obviously for that price. But, since they had no clue how to specifically do it, I stood there and walked the technician through the process. Took 1hr of my time and cost me a total of 140 or so for the whole thing. Would I have the dealer do it, maybe if they offered a $300 or so price, but they said $700 minimum for just the oil. Sorry, I am not that wealthy, actually not wealthy at all.

Old 09-10-2018, 12:13 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Quickjacks are about 1200 or so and lift the car 18-21"s. I am likely getting some myself, but........ I have taken mine to a local regular Virginia car shop and they charged me 39.99 plus tax to change my oil in my DB9. I provided the oil and filter obviously for that price. But, since they had no clue how to specifically do it, I stood there and walked the technician through the process. Took 1hr of my time and cost me a total of 140 or so for the whole thing. Would I have the dealer do it, maybe if they offered a $300 or so price, but they said $700 minimum for just the oil. Sorry, I am not that wealthy, actually not wealthy at all.
i may try that route for oil change myself...i just got all the parts and oil (Motul 10 qts) ... for even $80 it's not worth it to drain oil and then dispose of all of it...

when i had my clutch changed last week i thought my dealer would give me reasonable price but wanted $450...I passed and ordered everything I need.

great idea!

Old 09-10-2018, 04:04 PM
DonRW2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
$700 to change the oil alone would be ridiculous - if I won the lottery tomorrow I wouldn’t pay that just on principle. As I mentioned, I was looking to establish (and share) a baseline cost for a major service interval. Sounds like what I paid was reasonable v. a couple quotes shared here.