Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

what tools/stuff to bring on a 2k mi road trip with a new to you DB9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 08:33 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
^That's an awesome idea

Old 11-23-2016, 12:12 PM
bluecab is on a distinguished road
"I always found that the more I bring, the less I need."

Timodc got that right. "Luck favors the prepared"to paraphrase Louis Pasteur

All great responses. Even the "Wads of Cash" which can, in fact, get you out of all kinds of trouble...

Keep 'em coming!

Old 12-01-2016, 04:17 PM
bluecab is on a distinguished road
A few lingering questions:

What type are the fuses, the tiny 2 blade or the larger more common size?

Are the fasteners DIN standard or JIS standard?

Coming from a German car background I am used to the DIN sizes: 10,13 15, 17, 19.
The JIS standard throws in some other odd sizes.
The shop manual does not seem to address this that I can find...

Old 12-01-2016, 06:57 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
A set from 10-14mm will take care of most things, but I'd get 8mm-through-lugnut size to be sure if you're worried.

Torx bolts are everywhere. Get Torx bits as well.

There should be lots of extra fuses, but a set of those will help alleviate your concerns. The standard two-blade size, not the tiny ones.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
You might want to bring a tool kit and spare fuses but if issues arise it might take more to deal with them unless you are skilled as Tellum1. On long trips in my 1970 Jaguar E-type, i always bring a tool kit, tow rope, fuses, multimeter, AAA card and cell phone. However, on a recent 500+ mile trip in my 2009 Vantage, I only needed to bring my wife. Along the way on the interstate... mostly top down... a guy pulled along side us at about 75mph and yelled to me that our car was beautiful and what kind of car was it? Aston Martin, of course!! Sweet ride. No problems.

Old 12-03-2016, 12:48 PM
Dustan is on a distinguished road
2007 V8V with 22000 miles 1300 mile trip from Seattle to Denver. Brought my 16 year old son and created some great memories. Biggest hazard was trash on freeway and the layers of bugs. But the car performed great, even let my son drive��

Old 12-03-2016, 08:28 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
You will be fine.
2015 DB9 ... bought at Atlanta dealership and drove home in Jacksonville, FL ... 380 miles ... with bad weather and rest stops took me around 6 hours. No issues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.