Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Secondary Cat Delete X-Pipe incoming!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 04:33 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Secondary Cat Delete X-Pipe incoming!

Just got an email from Stuart at Velocity AP that this has been shipped and is on its way. I'm excited as this will be the very first mod for my car. I can't wait to install it!

Has anyone else gotten one of these yet?

Old 11-23-2016, 04:51 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Congrats! I have been using one on both my DB9 and now my DBS and I have mixed feelings. I loved it at first because there's no denying the increase in power. If you have never had your secondary cats removed in the past this thing is going to feel like a rocket ship now! Dollar for dollar, hands down the most bang for your buck in terms of performance mods.

Is the rest of your exhaust original? If so, you may be a bit disappointed in how quiet it's going to be with the Xpipe in place. Especially when using with the original back box. I've tried several different muffler solutions with my Xpipe in attempt to get the volume and "tone" I'm after.. Everything from custom made boxes from Stuart all the way to straight pipes / muffler deletes (also from Stuart) and my hunt still continues.

While I can't say with any degree of certainty the V8 cars will have the same effect from this as the V12's do, I can tell you that a friend of mine had a similar experience with a custom made Xpipe he built for his Vantage.

Maybe you'll need a new rear box too??

Old 11-23-2016, 07:25 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Thanks! Only time will tell if I like the sound. What was it about the change in sound that you didn't like?

Old 11-23-2016, 08:07 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
It's more of a high pitched sound.. Unlike the more "throaty" traditional Aston Martin V12 sound.

Search for my videos on YouTube and you'll see a few I've made with the Xpipe. "Speedracer800" YouTube

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.