Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Looking to move over

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 08:13 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for comments

Looking to take car to local dealer for a PPI. service manager said under $200 and they will need car for a couple of hours...said they would make sure software is up to date...
are there any specific tests i should request...i recall some test for the speedshift clutch... anything else? He said they would check for any repaint...carfax indicated a accident to rear bumper...

thanks

Old 12-07-2016, 11:23 AM
ahcjar103 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MRCW
Looking to take car to local dealer for a PPI. service manager said under $200 and they will need car for a couple of hours...said they would make sure software is up to date...
are there any specific tests i should request...i recall some test for the speedshift clutch... anything else? He said they would check for any repaint...carfax indicated a accident to rear bumper...

thanks
wow! under $200 for a PPI? when i inquired at the dealers around where i purchased my car from it was $650. even worse, the dealer here in seattle is $189/hour plus tax (10%), so it's $207.90/hour any time i need to take it in.

that said, the dealer will go over it very in-depth.

Last edited by ahcjar103; 12-07-2016 at 12:26 PM. Reason: grammar/spelling
Old 12-07-2016, 12:05 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ahcjar103
wow! under $200 for a PPI? when i inquired at the dealers around where i purchased my car from it was $650. even worse, the dealer here in seattle is $189/hour plus tax (10%), so it's $207.90/hour any time i need to take it in.

that said, they dealer will go over it very in-depth.
Well that takes the cake! Most I've seen charge $125-150/hr.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:48 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
yeah no kidding is that an AM dealer quoting the $200 or an indie shop?

Old 12-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
I had a PPI a couple of months ago in CA and it cost me $550.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:22 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold

that said, the dealer will go over it very in-depth.
My car just had a 5 year service with them today (Park Place) at a whopping cost of $1400! The car only has 13k on the clock and she was clean as a whistle.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
My car just had a 5 year service with them today (Park Place) at a whopping cost of $1400! The car only has 13k on the clock and she was clean as a whistle.
yeah their pricing is the highest i've seen. $1400 and change for the 1/3/5 and i think they said 2000-2200 for the 2/4/6 (could be a little off here but it was close).

i've resigned myself to doing most of the basic maintenance myself, partly because of cost but mostly because i like working on cars myself.

sidenote: as you can assume, i finally got my V8V! another seattle V8Ver.

Last edited by ahcjar103; 12-07-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:42 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
i've resigned myself to doing most of the basic maintenance myself, partly because of cost but mostly because i like working on cars myself.
Congrats!!

Shameless plug www.redpants.lol

Old 12-07-2016, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Redpants
Congrats!!

Shameless plug www.redpants.lol
thanks! and i'm already there... i actually emailed you last week or the week before about tpms defeats (this is adam).

Old 12-08-2016, 06:27 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
The ppi quote is from the local dealer here in Orlando. The car has had most of its service here and i think the service manage (it is a multi brand dealership) takes a special interest in the aston martins (also a infinity, jag and lotus dealer)

he remembered me from when a brought in a lotus esprit he told me to pass on... i was expecting a few hundred but not $650... i also dont pay $6 for a cup of coffee either! (No offense to Seattle! )

Old 12-08-2016, 06:33 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Wow that is so cheap for a PPI.

The PPI for my aston 2 years ago was $450, and the PPI I ran a few months ago for another car was $800

Old 12-08-2016, 09:37 AM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
At least your new car wont need a timing belt change every 3 years. 😆 Did your ppi include compression test though for $800?

Old 12-08-2016, 09:50 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Nope, just a regular PPI done by someone with a heavy italian accent, can not make this up haha

Old 12-08-2016, 09:57 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I paid $400 for mine at the Newport store last year.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.