Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Need a new top

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 05:18 PM
trwnsgy is on a distinguished road
Need a new top

My window fell out of the back of my convertible top, 2006 DB9. Dealer says they don't do tops and told me of a top place to call. They don't order tops but will put it on if I bring them one. Any place to order a top other than through a different dealer?

Old 12-06-2016, 05:30 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
For what I'm sure is an astronomical price, you need to order from AM bits or HWM. Even with shipping from the UK I'm sure you'll be miles ahead compared to any US dealer.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:17 PM
bluecab is on a distinguished road
IF the canvas and the rest of the top is in decent shape why not re-glue the glass into place?
I have done it with an Audi that has a similar top and it worked really well.
Even with an Audi the cost of a top was prohibitive, you have little to loose..

Old 12-07-2016, 07:10 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Have a back window issue and got a quote to replace the canvas on my 2009 DB9 from dealer. A little over $6k. Stressed just the canvas, no seals or headliner.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:24 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by trwnsgy
My window fell out of the back of my convertible top, 2006 DB9. Dealer says they don't do tops and told me of a top place to call. They don't order tops but will put it on if I bring them one. Any place to order a top other than through a different dealer?
If you'd like, send me your VIN and I'll get a price for you.

I agree with bluecab, though. Check with a shop to see about repairing the one you have. If it doesn't work, you're only out a small amount of money so it's worth a shot. Replacement will be far more expensive.

It's easy to beat dealership pricing.

Last edited by Redpants; 12-07-2016 at 07:26 AM.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:23 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Scuderia is the cheapest and if you look on their site just the canvas is $3500 to $7700 depending on their color, but if you only care about a good quality canvas, any top shop can take yours and make a new one for way less and dye it to the correct color.

I talked to a shop near me and they qouted me around $2k for everything, said it would take about a week to do. About half the price was labor, but I trust them, they have done a lot of work for me when I was restoring cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.