Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Transmission control question, Aston Martin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 02:29 PM
squiddie is on a distinguished road
Transmission control question, Aston Martin

In a -say- 2011 Vantage or DB9, is there a manual mode for the auto transmission?

What I'm asking is whether use of the paddle shifters will only temporarily stay in your selected gear and reset itself after a while (think regular Mercedes behavior), or does it stay in that gear as long as it can (think BMW with shifter to the left, or AMGs in "manual" mode)?

Old 12-08-2016, 03:52 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Don't know about Vantage SportShift (not an automatic, it's a robotic manual) but DB9 auto will stay in the gear selected by paddle unless:
1. You hit the rev limiter and you're not in sport mode (it upshifts).
2. You slow down to where it would stall in the current gear (it downshifts).

Old 12-08-2016, 04:21 PM
squiddie is on a distinguished road
Cool. That is for the cars equipped with the 6-speed ZF, right?

Very happy to hear!

Old 12-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I'm trying to think - my Sportshift I think will hang in til rev limiter, but automatically downshifts when the revs get too low.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.