Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Coming soon to Maryand: 2012 V8 Vantage S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 08:50 AM
M5Power is an unknown quantity at this point
Coming soon to Maryand: 2012 V8 Vantage S

After hunting for over a year, I finally pulled the trigger and can introduce myself as a new member of the Aston Martin family, having just purchased a 2012 V8 Vantage S roadster. (I don't even have it yet; it's on the truck coming from California.) I'm a long time car enthusiast with several M5s, M6s, and 911s in my ownership past--currently have a 911, E38 740i sport, Miata (and obligatory Honda Odyssey).

I thought I would introduce myself to the forum and share a couple pictures. I've pored over the threads in the forum back to a couple years ago so I feel like have good sense of the information that's out there. Still any tips or advice or thoughts about the V8V, generally and perhaps the V8V S roadster, specifically, are welcome.

One question I'll put out there: any recommendations for independent shops in the Baltimore/Annapolis/Washington DC area?

Thanks much,
Andrew

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4369.PNG
Views:	43
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	465470   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4370.PNG
Views:	41
Size:	769.0 KB
ID:	465471  

Last edited by M5Power; 12-09-2016 at 08:53 AM.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:54 AM
mugget is on a distinguished road
Congrats on the purchase! You should have a lot of fun in the new ride.

I've taken my Vantage to Georgetown Auto Service in Alexandria, VA near Potomac Yards a handful of times (including them replacing my clutch, all parts supplied by me). Great service and the owner, Bobby, is great to deal with. You'll find nothing but rave reviews online and if you go to their website you'll see multiple pictures of them working on Aston Martins. FWIW, Bobby's father in law is apparently part of the ownership group for Aston Martin at the Exclusive Automotive Group over in Tysons Corner, where I've also taken my car to a couple of times but that is the dealership and not independent.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:23 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Great car!! Love my S roadster. I thought the 2012 models had the glass buttons? There are a few of us on here with your model. Let us know if you have any questions.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:29 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Nice Vantage, welcome to the club.
Ron

Old 12-10-2016, 07:12 AM
M5Power is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Great car!! Love my S roadster. I thought the 2012 models had the glass buttons? There are a few of us on here with your model. Let us know if you have any questions.
As far as I can tell the glass buttons were an option, but may have come standard in later years. I have the window sticker for mine--it's definitely a 2012.

Old 12-10-2016, 08:53 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
Beautiful car.
I have those wheels on my 2014 V8V.
They are my favorites.

Old 12-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I like the wood panels instead of Piano Black - nice.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:11 AM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
I have a 12 V8VS and it does not have glass buttons

Old 12-11-2016, 08:23 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Congrats on the new ride, and hope to meet you in 2007 as the MD community and the PA community share a few events together

Old 12-11-2016, 06:32 PM
TimothyCraig is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats! I hope to become part of the AM Vantage family soon also. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:24 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Congrats with the purchase!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.