Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My Vantage wouldn't start after....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 04:05 PM
PhastAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy My Vantage wouldn't start after....

Today I had new front tires put on my 2007 Vantage. After driving about 15 miles, the tire warning light came on. I stopped, checked the pressure and found that the shop had put 45 lbs. of air pressure. I reduced the pressure back to 35, but after driving back to the shop the tire warning light was still on. It was suggested that I reset the TP module. I mistook the silver pin in the rear on the light module to be the reset button. So, when I stuck the ball point pen in and clicked it and then tried to start the car the starter turned but no ignition and the lights on the TP module no longer come on. What did I do???? Anybody have an answer??? I did all the locking/unlocking protocol to no avail. Even disconnected the battery and reconnected it. The car won't start, and is getting no spark to the coil. HELP!!

Old 01-06-2017, 05:17 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
You need to check fuses, I'd start with F54 in the CEM 10amp fuse.

Old 01-06-2017, 05:23 PM
PhastAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the response J Double U, but I checked every fuse in the car and all were good.

Old 01-06-2017, 05:53 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
The 'silver pin in the rear' you describe is not by any chance battery disconnect switch?? If that is the case it's a matter of pressing the 'reconnect switch' inside the cabin (on top of your battery) I assume [the DB9's reconnect switch is positioned there, not sure about the Vantage's]
​​

Last edited by sdekoning; 01-06-2017 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:57 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sdekoning
The 'silver pin in the rear' you describe is not by any chance battery disconnect switch?? If that is the case it's a matter of pressing the 'reconnect switch' inside the cabin (on top of your battery) I assume [the DB9's reconnect switch is positioned there, not sure about the Vantage's]
​​
He says the starter turned, so it's not a battery connection issue.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:08 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Can you send a pic of this silver pin?

Old 01-09-2017, 06:27 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mathman85
He says the starter turned, so it's not a battery connection issue.
Good point; I clearly missed that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.