Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Code 1233 and Fuel Pump Driver Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 01:16 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
That's not right. There are two for safety, not for separate left and right bank inputs. They must agree within a certain amount, otherwise you get limp modes and other safety related limits.
So how would a bad pedal affect only one side of the motor if that is the case? Think Pigdog has the same question.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Pigdog is an unknown quantity at this point
So pot A (Sensor-pedal Position)controls Motor Electronic Throttle A through the primary PCM. Pot B (Sensor-pedal Position)controls Motor Electronic Throttle B through the secondary PCM. IE one pot for each side.

Does the PCM will shut down the faulting side when it notices values that are outside of normal operational values?

Old 03-01-2017, 08:31 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pigdog
So pot A (Sensor-pedal Position)controls Motor Electronic Throttle A through the primary PCM. Pot B (Sensor-pedal Position)controls Motor Electronic Throttle B through the secondary PCM. IE one pot for each side.

Does the PCM will shut down the faulting side when it notices values that are outside of normal operational values?
You do realize that the PCMs talk to each other? It's not like the pots directly drive the throttle motors; there's lots of software from input to output. Based on the average of all the pedal pot sensors the PCMs each drive their respective throttle motors to the same position. There is only one valid pedal position command, otherwise there'd be chaos trying to fuel each bank differently.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:02 AM
I understand the PCM's communicate and the operation of the throttles getting their instructions from their respective PCM's controlled by the primary PCM.

I could see how one failing pot could cause limp mode and a shutdown of one side. I just don't understand why the PCM would not report a failing throttle pedal code rather than other OBD codes that I got, that are really symptoms of the problem.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:00 AM
I agree

Old 03-04-2017, 04:41 PM
Well the car was not ready Friday to pick up cause of the washer bottle was not delivered. Music City Motor Cars is changing locations and this has delayed all service.

I explained I was busy all week and needed the car. if I could have a guarantee it would be ready monday afternoon all is well otherwise button up the car and I will take it as is.

Eric in service said he would trailer the car to me on Tuesday. WOW 218 miles

Above and beyond!

Old 03-15-2017, 04:13 AM
My car is back! Music City Motor Cars did a great job of detailing the car and delivered the car to my work location. Aston never sent them the windshield washer bottle so I will be replacing that myself.....but I guess that will be another thread. Throttle pedal fixed the issue and shes running great.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.