Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Radio knobs removal on 2013 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 11:51 AM
MikeD will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by impulsiv
Did you get them off with any tools? Or just your fingers? I've tried to remove them with no luck...
I just replaced my radio face and took a couple of pics. I used a plastic pry tool to get the ***** off. Once you get them moving, they pull off easily.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:54 AM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MikeD
I just replaced my radio face and took a couple of pics. I used a plastic pry tool to get the ***** off. Once you get them moving, they pull off easily.

Great pictures.. Thank you for sharing these.

Does that radio face just pull off as well? I've got a replacement one laying around too I've been meaning to tackle.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:22 PM
MikeD will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by speedracer800
Great pictures.. Thank you for sharing these.

Does that radio face just pull off as well? I've got a replacement one laying around too I've been meaning to tackle.
Yes, the face came off easily. It's easier to remove than it is to install. There are clips at the top corners, but they pop out without trouble. As with the *****, I used a plastic pry tool and didn't need to remove the upper waterfall. I just unclipped the springs for the navigation door and propped the waterfull up and inch or so.

It's takes a little fiddling to get the new face on, because the fit is very tight. I used the old face to practice the install until I figured out the best way to do it.

I'll be more careful in the future when I wipe the face clean.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:25 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Question is, Do a/c control & navi joystick come out same way or ???

Old 02-15-2017, 09:36 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by smogclinic
Question is, Do a/c control & navi joystick come out same way or ???
I can tell you I know for sure that the joystick requires a lot of surgery to get out of the fascia piece. I bought a scrap fascia to get the donor joystick pieces I need and it's required basically disassembly of the complete fascia to get the aluminum pieces of the joystick removed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.