Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Radio knobs removal on 2013 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 05:32 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Radio ***** removal on 2013 Vantage

Hello

Like to know how easy is to remove control ***** on 2013 Vantage. I want take them out & get them painted black. Or do they sell set for just *****? I know some 2015 GT cars came like.

Thanks

Old 02-02-2017, 06:18 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
In recently asked the Minneapolis Aston dealer to give me a price on the ***** thinking - how much could they possibly be? Maybe $50 each, well not sooo cheap, I think they said $500. I wanted to do mine in copper, but did not want to take a chance on destroying them.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:00 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I took mine off to replace the radio face. They are on tight but will pull off.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:14 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
In recently asked the Minneapolis Aston dealer to give me a price on the ***** thinking - how much could they possibly be? Maybe $50 each, well not sooo cheap, I think they said $500. I wanted to do mine in copper, but did not want to take a chance on destroying them.
So, was it $500 for each **** or all *****? Anyone knows part numbers??

Old 02-02-2017, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
I took mine off to replace the radio face. They are on tight but will pull off.
EZCookin

Did you find any instruction how to remove ?

Old 02-04-2017, 05:14 AM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
I ordered a complete set of the ***** for my DBS. The issue is that the "joystick" **** piece isn't available separately from the entire hvac fascia. So if you only want to change the radio *****.. Piece of cake.. But to do all of them, you need to find a donor fascia to get the joystick pieces from. I did this and got one from Aston Martin bits. In spite of what Aston Martin told me, it's possible to take the joystick apart from the fascia. I have pictures of that process and I'm in the process of refinishing all my ***** and will be posting a thread about the process when I get to reassembly.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:17 AM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
I have not removed anything from my car yet but in looking at the replacement ***** it "appears" like they should pull off. I don't see anything retaining them but again I have not yet tried prying them off.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:16 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Speedracer they will just pull off. Nothing retaining them.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Good to know. You got them off? Can you post a picture of the fascia with them removed? I have to remove the entire fascia either way to change the joystick..but I'm curious to see what the mounting posts look like.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:45 PM
impulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the rough

Did you get them off with any tools? Or just your fingers? I've tried to remove them with no luck...

Old 02-10-2017, 05:28 AM
I've decided since I have a complete extra set of these ***** and the "joy stick" parts aren't available separately from Aston Martin to have a machine shop make up a few extra sets for me. Anyone interested in this? Just thought I'd throw it out there before placing the order.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:33 AM
The set would contain all the ***** and bezels in the center stack.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:53 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Depending upon price I'd certainly be interested

Old 02-10-2017, 06:21 AM
I just sent him over some more pictures of the pieces.. I should know more about cost later today hopefully. At the very least I'll have them make up the joystick components which are unavailable from Aston Martin as a separate part from the main hvac console. I'll keep you posted.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by speedracer800
I just sent him over some more pictures of the pieces.. I should know more about cost later today hopefully. At the very least I'll have them make up the joystick components which are unavailable from Aston Martin as a separate part from the main hvac console. I'll keep you posted.
I'd would be interested too. Let me know $$. Thanks. Have you figured it out how to take them off?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.