Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Fuel filter

Old 02-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Fuel filter

So the 07 V8V is on the hoist in my shop waiting for me to give it some TLC before spring .
This house building thing is taking up a lot if my time , anyways I digress
Plans are before spring , oil change , brake fluid flush , new thermostat , clean n detail , feed the leather .
So I got me thinking seeing as I have done the transaxle fluid , air filters , cabin filters etc the only other fluid filter I can think of would be fuel ....
So where is it and do I need to take out another loan/advance on my maxed out construction debt to cover it .
Any generic Ford /Jag part #s would be appreciated.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
The fuel filter even from Aston themselves isn't very expensive, *well* under $100. I think I priced one out to around $60 or something like that for someone that had asked me about this a while back. It's supposed to be a lifetime filter. Usually I don't trust any fluid/oil/filter/etc that a manufacturer calls "lifetime" but the fuel filter is inside the gas tank, so replacing it is going to totally suck if you want to go that route.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:25 AM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Tks Rich
Im with you on the whole "lifetime" thing its just a cop out for manufacturers to say when it fails its "lifetime" is up .
However in this case if its in the tank then I will just keep on fueling and driving .

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.