Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Alcantara steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 05:34 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Alcantara steering wheel

I want to know if alcantara steering wheels are thicker than leather wrapped wheel? I want to replace my stock wheel, but want to get little thicker wheel.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:51 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
I just measured both. The standard leather one is *slightly* thicker than Aston's Alcantara one. I'd think it's the same steering wheel underneath, but the leather is slightly thicker than the Alcantara, so it results in a thicker steering wheel. The difference in diameter is ~1mm.

Last edited by Redpants; 02-01-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:13 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Redpants
I just measured both. The standard leather one is *slightly* thicker than Aston's Alcantara one. I'd think it's the same steering wheel underneath, but the leather is slightly thicker than the Alcantara, so it results in a thicker steering wheel. The difference in diameter is ~1mm.
from all photos i've seen, i thought it was the other way around. hmmm.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:21 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
I would have liked for it to be thicker, but it's almost exactly the same. I'd suggest having a custom wrap done if you want it thicker.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:06 AM
Thanks for photo. that is worth 1000 words. I need to find good shop in Los Angeles area for custom steering wrap with alcantara to make it little thicker.
Please pm me alcanatara shifter **** & carbon shifter bezel price.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:31 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by smogclinic
Thanks for photo. that is worth 1000 words. I need to find good shop in Los Angeles area for custom steering wrap with alcantara to make it little thicker.
Please pm me alcanatara shifter **** & carbon shifter bezel price.
I would recommend GAS (Galpin Auto Sports), I had them redo my Lotus Elise steering wheel in black alcantara with red stitching. I think it took about 3 days. I think the $ was around $800-$1000. This was about 3 years ago. Ask for Sean.
Tell him I sent you.
Ron Avery

Old 02-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
I also agree that the steering wheel is a little too thin. I much prefer the wheel on my previous Z4 MCoupe. But of course, th V8VS wins in every other department (apart from the seats).

Last edited by Dalecannavan; 02-03-2017 at 06:22 AM.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:09 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
The steering wheel is way too small, compared to Z wheels. Those are about perfect. First drive in the V8 was shocking at how thin the wheel was.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.