Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What wheels are these

Old 02-04-2017, 07:10 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
What wheels are these

These wheels look really good, does anyone know who make them.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
They look like black OEM

Old 02-04-2017, 07:21 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Those look like the factory 10-spoke wheels painted/powdercoated black. The Aston Martin logo in the center cap provides further evidence of that.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:02 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
wow didn't think they were but now that you show me there... Thanks Rich

Old 02-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mathman85
Those look like the factory 10-spoke wheels painted/powdercoated black. The Aston Martin logo in the center cap provides further evidence of that.

I love the photos of your GT. I also wish my 2016 had your wheels. They would be easier to keep clean.
Ron

Old 02-06-2017, 01:32 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
I love the photos of your GT. I also wish my 2016 had your wheels. They would be easier to keep clean.
Ron

Ron or Handymann ------ I have these (the Green GT ONES, not the solid black ones) on my DB9, Speedracer800 bought them new, and had the insides painted gunmetal grey with the diamond outside. They have 1500miles on them but tires have 5k miles. PSS Michelins. I WILL be selling those to be replaced by BC Forged. If you are interested at some point this year, can be any time, (car is sitting and will be driven less than 100 miles this year) we can work something out if you desire. Wheels are pictured on my Special Homecoming thread. There is not a mark on them anywhere, and are coated with 22PLE HPC glass coating. You only use soap and water to clean them, and they stay cleaner for a lot longer with the coatings.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:26 AM
RCAMV8 is on a distinguished road
Hello SheriffDep,

I just sent you a PM ref your 10 spoke rims and tires.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Ron or Handymann ------ I have these (the Green GT ONES, not the solid black ones) on my DB9, Speedracer800 bought them new, and had the insides painted gunmetal grey with the diamond outside. They have 1500miles on them but tires have 5k miles. PSS Michelins. I WILL be selling those to be replaced by BC Forged. If you are interested at some point this year, can be any time, (car is sitting and will be driven less than 100 miles this year) we can work something out if you desire. Wheels are pictured on my Special Homecoming thread. There is not a mark on them anywhere, and are coated with 22PLE HPC glass coating. You only use soap and water to clean them, and they stay cleaner for a lot longer with the coatings.
Thanks for the offer, however after the purchase of my GT and the luggage / steering wheel ect. Cash is at a premium at this point. Plus I do like my wheels when they are clean, I clean them and the car after every drive.
Ron

Old 02-06-2017, 11:33 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Thanks for the offer, however after the purchase of my GT and the luggage / steering wheel ect. Cash is at a premium at this point. Plus I do like my wheels when they are clean, I clean them and the car after every drive.
Ron
Got it , just thought I would put it out there. Not in a position financially to spring for new ones myself for a month or two, but knowing I had a buyer lined up for mine, makes the new purchase easier to swallow.

Love the luggage!!!!!! I will be writing a DIY tutorial for cleaning the cars, paint correcting the paint, and coating the wheels.

I highly suggest you coat your wheels with some type of coating, I use 22PLE for mine always, it allows you to keep your wheels cleaner and ONLY use soap and water. I do the whole wheel, barrel and all. This way they look like NEW from here on forward. I usually do them myself, but since I am overseas my father had to do the ones for the Mustang, Speedracer800 had to do the ones for the DB9, and my father will again have to do the BC Forged ones. But, I make sure its done asap, due to keeping them like new. Just a helpful hint.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the offer SheriffDep but not for now but it looks like RCAMV8 might be interested

Old 02-07-2017, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Thanks for the offer SheriffDep but not for now but it looks like RCAMV8 might be interested
Thanks for this thread, sold my wheels and didn't have to worry about that issue. They are sold as of now. Works out great timewise also. For everyone involved. My biggest worry was to sell factory wheels quickly at a fair price. However, my DB9 10 spoke chrome ones sold within an hour, and then these Vantage S 10 spokes within a post or two and wasn't trying hard. So my faith is renewed. Now I am forced to buy custom BC Forged wheels. Poor me LOL

Old 02-07-2017, 03:01 AM
RCAMV8 is on a distinguished road
Yep funny how that worked out! I generally stay low profile on forums because I always end up doing some unexpected purchases, however this was perfect timing. I’ve always liked the Vantage S 10 spoke!

Old 02-10-2017, 08:47 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I clean them and the car after every drive.
Ron

If I felt I had to wash my car every time I drove it, it would stay parked

Old 02-11-2017, 04:18 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by handyman2009
These wheels look really good, does anyone know who make them.

10 spoke dbs wheels powder coated black. I've got an extra set just like this if you're interested. I've got a silver set with the diamond cut face as well.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:13 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SheriffDep

I highly suggest you coat your wheels with some type of coating, I use 22PLE for mine always, it allows you to keep your wheels cleaner and ONLY use soap and water. I do the whole wheel, barrel and all. This way they look like NEW from here on forward.

I just looked into this and am very intrigued, but brings up a question. Noob question obviously.

It recommends using that applicator. I have the 5 spoke sport pack wheels and it you know the wheels, my pinky is about the only thing that will fit between the dual spokes. How would it be applied into those very tight areas, which are actually where it would serve the most good? And I'm guessing removing the wheel is the best way to do the application?

These wheels are extremely tough to clean because of that tight gap. Enough so I've thought about going to the 10 spoke or the DBS wheels to lesson the headaches.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.