Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Is it hard to sell an Aston? (DBS in particular)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it hard to sell an Aston? (DBS in particular)

Hopefully *crossing fingers* 2017 is the year of DBS for me

But, I've also been thinking that if I decide to move on from this car after a couple years of ownership, is it relatively difficult to sell a DBS? Given the price range of this car, and the fact that even though it's a beautiful/dream car, it may not be as desirable/have a resale market as say a C63 AMG. With that, have you guys had issues selling yours? Not exactly a great asset to have a lot of money tied up in if you need those funds for something else.

Looking for your opinions, thx

Old 02-06-2017, 06:37 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
All big money cars are dependent on buyers with big pockets, and IMO such buyers would rather buy with the the security that a dealer can offer, or like the super easy finance that a dealer can arrange. Whatever the brand, I have always found it hard to sell expensive cars privately, and I never really ask too much money. If you do sell privately, and you have the right car, right spec, history etc, and fair price it should still sell as easily as any other. These are the cars that the big money buyers will hold out for.

My last couple I have just taken the hit and traded them to dealers - much preferred over the hassle I used to have of of advertising tire kickers, joy riders etc. That said, I personally have no issue buying a 6 figure car from a genuine seller whose car it was and who has all the history etc

Last edited by FatFrank; 02-06-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:23 AM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
I watched the dbs "market" for a couple of years before pulling the trigger last March for a 6speed car and deciding to sell my DB9. Selling my DB9 did not prove very difficult as I found a buyer right here without having to advertise the car at all.. Granted half the cost of the DBS.

That being said what I learned while watching the dbs over time was that the 6speed car market had "bottomed" and it was a good time to buy. I really don't think you can go wrong today buying a (6speed) dbs. Prices have held very steady over the past 3 years and as I still watch the inventory it seems like cars are selling. I got an email the other day from a guy who's dbs I passed on while shopping for mine as I thought it was a bit steep for the condition and miles.. He told me he just sold it for his asking price. Of course this was music to my ears. "hard to sell".. I'd say the manual transmission cars are no harder than any other comparably priced exotic.

Old 02-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for the info guys. I'll be honest, Coupe nor 6 speed interest me - I want this to be the ultimate top down GT cruiser, which means autotrans Volante. With this, I also compare this car against other amazing GT's, and hope to not be disappointed. Case in point, I currently own a beautiful SL65 AMG, black on black with carbon fiber interior, etc, and overall it's just an amazing car in itself. But given that the SL has tanked in value, there's quite a big gap to make up in selling my SL and picking up a DBS.

Old 02-11-2017, 06:47 AM
AWV12 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Volante is a great car, go for a Manual one (if you can find one, there are less than 50(!) Volantes made in Manual, the rest, around 900, are Volantes with Touchtronic), since the torque is more than enough to cruise with it, but when you want you can drive it like a real car also! :-)

Enjoy!

Old 02-12-2017, 01:42 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Slightly off topic....for me the hardest part of selling my Aston would be the hole in my garage parking

What can one ever put in between our other cars that could compare

IMO the new merc's are tarty looking and just don't have the wow factor they commanded years back, and now with merc and it's rivals offering wonderfully flexible finance options and trade assist with buy back, any 'dick'can drive one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.