Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Almost ready...2009 vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 09:34 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MRCW
It is a sport shift...while I want a manual, my wife doesn't want a third pedal...i drove the car for about an hour after some instruction on the sport shift and found the car really drove well...you can still have more control than a automatic, but not as much fun.

the AM dealer is getting me a copy of their incident report.

i am pretty excited about joining "the club"
1. DONT get a CarFAX WRECK, no matter how minor, UNLESS you plan on keeping the car for a long time. I am saying this due to if you ever plan on moving the car, a dealer will almost automatically drop their trade value by 30% or more, or say they wont even take it. Depending dealer. But you WILL take a loss no matter what you pay for it due to the carFax.

I KNOW, I am in a 2013 Mercedes E350 4- matic with 30k miles in absolutely brand new condition. I bought it wrecked at dealer cost. I got the car for about 6-8k below what others with many more miles were going for. (mine--16k, others 35-40k miles) and it drives like new and perfect all the way around. HOWEVER- wanted to downsize for reasons and asked what the same dealer would give me 18months later. I was told since it was wrecked all they could offer was 17k. That equates to about 1$ a mile driven depreciation where non wrecked I could get about 24-25k. Yes, 2k more and I could have had one non wrecked. SO, moral of this, is even at the same dealership, they minimize the wrecked value, then gouge you in the end.

I have worried about this part for a long time, wishing I could go back and change that. I just dont like losing a boatload of money. Would rather pay more and not worry. I paid 10k more for my DB9 with 30k total miles, just because I KNEW the history of the car and Knew it was a good one. I am poor also, so that took some pondering first. But in the end I am happy.

Just wanted you to know my story on wrecked cars. If you plan on always keeping it, or dont care if you take a bath if you move it, then yes sounds like a good deal if the story is true on the wreck.

Also, big one here, MAKE YOUR WIFE drive the ASM first before the purchase. There have been more than one member here buy a ASM car, and then their wife refuse to ride in it. One even put 250 miles on a new one, then his wife hated it so bad, he took a 30k bath taking it back one week later, and ordering a manual one. So, heard this many times on Maseratis with the F1 ASM and others. She may not like it at all.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:27 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
My wife LOVES the ASM - I taught her how to properly drive it

Old 02-20-2017, 04:54 PM
biggee is on a distinguished road
Hi mrcw . I opologise for hijacking your post. Getting my head around this forum to know how it works. biggee. Thanks Aldv for your reply, no fault codes on reader. biggee

Old 02-20-2017, 08:39 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
SheriffDep

Yes...That car and they had another one prior that had a bracket welded and sent out for rating. I think blue coupe with around 29000 and they offered to put a warranty extension on for additional price. I never tested it as they sold before I could get to their dealership.
I finally purchased in VA off Omar at a Maserati dealership...I was allowed to inspect and test till happy. Every minor problem I found they fixed.
Thank you for the information...Small world..I appreciate....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.