Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

VelocityAP sound clips?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 12:35 AM
pikajew is on a distinguished road
VelocityAP sound clips?

Hi all, I've decided to buy everything Stuart has for my 4.3 build (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/395781-s-alive.html) - headers/200 cell cats/x-pipe/exhaust/ECU tune/Twin clutch (the "Whole Enchilada") - but I'm undecided on the Touring vs Sport exhaust.

From what I've read here, the Sport+ is deafening and is a no-go in conjunction with the Whole Enchilada.

Does anyone have any decent sound/video clips of the VAP Touring or Sport exhaust that's outfitted to a V8V with the Whole Enchilada?

I've seen the YouTube exhaust vids posted here, but most of the V8Vs have some combo of either VAP/RSC/Quicksilver components and I'd really love a comparison of VAP Touring vs. Sport using only VAP products - but again, I need a clip of another car outfitted with the Whole Enchilada or else it's comparing apples to oranges (ex. a Touring exhaust on a car without 200 cell cats or headers will sound difffweent than what I'm going to do).

Gracias! (Can you tell I went to my local go-to Mexican restaurant tonight?)

Old 02-17-2017, 06:39 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Wait on the exhaust as the sound and performance improvements should be enough. Exhausts without the (OEM like) "active valve" drone at highway speeds and will make you crazy (been there, done that with my former 07 Vantage). My 2013 Vantage S has the Fabspeed X-Pipe secondary cat-delete and ECU tune (with the OEM exhaust) and its sweet as pie.
If you must go with an aftermarket exhaust, I really like this Larini exhaust for your car:
https://www.larinisystems.com/collec...ly-+-activalve

Last edited by AXARUNNER; 02-17-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:53 AM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
Exhausts without the (OEM like) "active valve" drone at highway speeds and will make you crazy [/url]
I have the Quicksilver sport exhaust and there is zero droning at any speed.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
Wait on the exhaust as the sound and performance improvements should be enough. Exhausts without the (OEM like) "active valve" drone at highway speeds and will make you crazy (been there, done that with my former 07 Vantage). My 2013 Vantage S has the Fabspeed X-Pipe secondary cat-delete and ECU tune (with the OEM exhaust) and its sweet as pie.
If you must go with an aftermarket exhaust, I really like this Larini exhaust for your car:
https://www.larinisystems.com/collec...ly-+-activalve
I appreciate your input. That Larini looks very nice but of course, there are no sound clips available...

Old 02-17-2017, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by 911MTB
I have the Quicksilver sport exhaust and there is zero droning at any speed.
Did you also do anything else (cats/headers/ecu/x-pipe)?

Old 02-17-2017, 08:58 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I just did a you-tube search: "Larini Aston Martin" and found this.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:53 AM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by pikajew
Did you also do anything else (cats/headers/ecu/x-pipe)?
At this point it is only the muffler, I will be doing the ECU this year though.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:07 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
I have the headers, cats ecu tune and touring exhaust. No drone, fairly quiet at low revs but pure bliss and more than loud enough at full throttle. I honestly cannot imagine any more thunder than what the touring offers.

Let me see if I can squeeze in time for a video on Sunday before the rains come. I have a roadster so the effects are definitely enhanced with top down

Old 02-17-2017, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by jmargolese
I have the headers, cats ecu tune and touring exhaust. No drone, fairly quiet at low revs but pure bliss and more than loud enough at full throttle. I honestly cannot imagine any more thunder than what the touring offers.

Let me see if I can squeeze in time for a video on Sunday before the rains come. I have a roadster so the effects are definitely enhanced with top down
Thats me! I would greatly appreciate you spending the time for a clip for us all.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:16 PM
BlueCrush is on a distinguished road
I had the touring exhaust and headers with a different company (KH)200 cell cats. however I removed the exhaust and I have them for sale.

I preferred the raspy sound of the OEM exhaust with the valve control.
I originally got the exhaust for some weight saving.
Upgrading with those parts changes the sound, the cats made it louder when those valves open and with the headers you get some nice burbles and pops

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.