Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Towing/Hauling a DB9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 05:06 AM
Pigdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Towing/Hauling a DB9

Anyone ever have a DB9 towed?
Any problems loading on a typical flat bed with front end clearance? Will the wheel strap tie downs work?
Any other issues?

Thanks

Old 02-08-2017, 06:39 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
I have my DB9 towed a few times in an enclosed tow truck. I was scared to use tow eye without scratching the grill ... so had the towing company use tow belt to tie to axle and pull it in.

Attached Images   
Old 02-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Had mine towed after tire went flat and shredded. Used the tow hook with no problems. Front clearance was an issue but he had some wood planks on the truck he used when needed.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Thanks..... Nice set up cuddapah!

Old 02-09-2017, 02:50 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Used race ramps for clearance, with tow hook. No issues.

Old 02-17-2017, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Pigdog
Nashville Bound

Old 02-17-2017, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Pigdog

Ready for "The Hook"

Old 02-17-2017, 05:47 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
For the newer DB9s, AM moved the tow eye to behind the grille. My 2015 DB9 has a fake tow eye in the front. The actual one is behind the grille on the side.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:21 PM
That sounds scary

Old 02-18-2017, 04:25 PM
Posting pics here so everybody can get an idea where it is. Not sure how we can use it without scratching the grille.

Attached Images   

Last edited by cuddapah; 02-18-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:12 AM
bluecab is on a distinguished road
What about the lack of neutral without pulling up the rear seat and unscrewing the plate/ yanking the transmission release?

I thought if I put the car in neutral while it was running it would stay there; does not seem to. I was surprised at the whole release lever thing.

I have not had the car long, so those who have put your cars on a ramp truck, is there a workaround?

Old 02-19-2017, 04:08 PM
Mine stayed in neutral as long as it was running

Old 02-19-2017, 04:37 PM
bluecab is on a distinguished road
I did not mean that it will not stay in neutral while running, sorry if I did not say it right.

I meant that as far as I know there is no way to have the car in neutral when shut off.

This could be a real pita if you suffer a breakdown on the road, or a minor annoyance if you want to shift the car around in the garage to position for a lift or jack stands.

I pulled the seat squab on mine and found out that there are a couple of screws that need to come out to use the trans release, not a big deal in the garage, but seems odd..

I can see who the original primary audience for these cars was, but for us, the enthusiast owners, this does not make much sense.

Maybe there is a workaround, have not found it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.