Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Good Indy Mechanic around Seattle Area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 02:13 PM
mack73 is on a distinguished road
Good Indy Mechanic around Seattle Area?

Possibly look at getting a vantage soon. Thinking about options for Indy mechanics around the Seattle area. Park Place is the only Aston dealer.

I'll do all to minor stuff myself (built race cars in the past and got a Land Rover.....)

But trying to figure out if I'm going to get bent over anytime there's something more major (clutch?) that needs to be done.

Old 02-19-2017, 03:06 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
I don't know any indy mechs in the area, but Park Place are good (but pricey). I too am interested in finding a good indy.
If you fancy a look around a 2012 V8Vs I can show you mine; I live in Marysville.

I used to repair land rovers all the time during my 13 years in the British Army (I managed to get a clutch change down to 35 minutes during operational tours; typically 2-3 of us).

Old 02-19-2017, 04:41 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
I've not had luck finding an indi, but I haven't tried very hard. I bought my car from Park Place and if there is anything major, I'll probably look around before going with Park Place. I haven't had to take it in because normal maintenance including oil, filter, belts, coolant, power steering fluid, brakes and brake fluid, are all pretty straight forward.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:46 PM
mack73 is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys - yeah kinda what I figured... hum

Old 02-23-2017, 06:39 PM
ahcjar103 is on a distinguished road
i did a bunch of research into this when i was purchasing mine last year. i have the spreadsheet somewhere; just need to find it.

long and short of it:
- as you mention, park place is the dealer - would only go here if absolutely necessary.
- for a clutch, i'd plan this so i could drive up to have stuart and team do it in BC. about 5 hours from seattle.
- group2 (who does ferrari/maserati) and cantrell (who does mclaren, lotus, ferrari/maserati, lambo) both said they could work on the car no problem. intermediate things go here.
- for smaller/maintenance things, i do them myself.

that's my plan at least!

disclaimer: i haven't taken my car anywhere yet, so i am not endorsing any of the above. that's just what i came away with after calling a bunch of shops and talking to a bunch of people.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:24 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
I use Cantrell when I need work on my Lotus. I have alot of confidence in their work. They told me that they don't work on Aston Martins.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:02 PM
I recently reached out to Classic Motorsports in Mukilteo. They claim to have worked on several Astons, sending me pictures of AMs, Ferraris, Rolls, and Lambos in their shop. They say they just recently did a Vantage clutch as well so I'm considering having them do my AMR flywheel/clutch. Any input on these guys?

Old 01-30-2018, 07:54 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
No inputs, sorry. I am interested to hear how things go with them though, especially their costs. The AM mechanic at Park Place is really good though and I highly rate him.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
No inputs, sorry. I am interested to hear how things go with them though, especially their costs. The AM mechanic at Park Place is really good though and I highly rate him.
Vince is a great guy. I wish he'd go indy. Classic Motorsports is pricing the job $2000 less than Park Place including the clutch.

Last edited by blue2000s; 01-30-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Vince is a great guy. I wish he'd go indy. Classic Motorsports is pricing the job $2000 less than Park Place including the clutch.
That’s an interesting proposition!

Old 01-30-2018, 09:53 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Another option, I've heard through the grapevine, is dealer mechanics will do private jobs on their own time. Ask him to take a look at something on your car and when you're away from everybody, see if he wants to do a cash job. It never hurts to ask

Old 01-30-2018, 10:22 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
A bit of a travel, but you could give these guys a call.

http://www.arautoservice.com/

Old 04-04-2018, 07:37 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
Just checking to see if anyone has had any luck finding any shops besides Park Place or tried any of the above listed places? I just bought my first V8V and am also looking for a backup solution to do minor jobs on the car. I'm the puyallup area. I'll be calling some places over the next few weeks and will post anything i find.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:12 PM
No. In fact my vantage is going to park place on Monday for a service.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:40 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
I just heard back from group 2. They said they absolutely work on Astons! I can connect you if needed or just email from the link on their site.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.