Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 04:18 PM
silver997 is on a distinguished road
Zettinger,

What year is your car?

Mileage?

Transmission?

Old 02-27-2017, 04:53 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Did you have a look at your front caliper, the spring plate that is held by the 2 pin. Mine was making similar noise when turning and it was that little plate that wasn't sitting properly and was touching the disc. If you take them out you will know right away as you should notice the rubbing on those spring plate.
i couldn't see this but would this depending on the temperature outside?

Originally Posted by silver997
Zettinger,

What year is your car?

Mileage?

Transmission?
My car is model 2009
13k miles
manual transmission

just took another clip on the way home

Last edited by Zettinger; 02-28-2017 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:04 PM
silver997 is on a distinguished road
You said the dealer replaced the rear wheel bearings already? It kinda weird that at such a low mileage you would need to replace these. Well the car is 8 years old.........please keep us posted. Thanks!

Old 02-27-2017, 05:29 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Zettinger, I had to push the 2 pins out (the one that holds the pad in the caliper) to inspect the flat piece of metal that the pin hold there. my noise was every time I was turning right and it was cause by the little plate touching ever so little the disc. it was happening to the right wheel but yours seems to be coming from you left front. it should only take you 15 min or so to jack her up and remove your wheel and push those pin out and look at your parts to see if anything is rubbing on your disc. it could also be a little rock stock somewhere in there. See if you can freely spin the disc without noise. Good luck

Old 02-28-2017, 07:55 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Zettinger, I had to push the 2 pins out (the one that holds the pad in the caliper) to inspect the flat piece of metal that the pin hold there. my noise was every time I was turning right and it was cause by the little plate touching ever so little the disc. it was happening to the right wheel but yours seems to be coming from you left front. it should only take you 15 min or so to jack her up and remove your wheel and push those pin out and look at your parts to see if anything is rubbing on your disc. it could also be a little rock stock somewhere in there. See if you can freely spin the disc without noise. Good luck
Thanks for the clue. I wanted to check this last evening but my wife forced me to install closet doors in our house.

Hope I can take a look this evening.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:53 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Did you have a look at your front caliper, the spring plate that is held by the 2 pin. Mine was making similar noise when turning and it was that little plate that wasn't sitting properly and was touching the disc. If you take them out you will know right away as you should notice the rubbing on those spring plate.
I light pressure on the brake pedal while the ticking is happening should help in determining if the issue is related to the brakes

Old 02-28-2017, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by embdenb
I light pressure on the brake pedal while the ticking is happening should help in determining if the issue is related to the brakes
Hand or regular brakes do no affect the noise.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:47 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
I would put the car on jackstands, run it and see if you can isolate the sound to a particular wheel

Old 02-28-2017, 06:15 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
mine when it was on the jack, it didn't make any noise but once I removed the pin that holds the pads and started inspecting the pads I noticed that on that little spring plate that it did touch probably the disc. I made sure that the edge of the disc was clean with a file and re-installed everything and the noise was gone and never came back. it sounded very similar to what this sounds like. a little metallic sound, just like mine

Old 03-14-2017, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by embdenb
I would put the car on jackstands, run it and see if you can isolate the sound to a particular wheel
That's what the dealer did and was not able to reproduce the noise.

Only with weight on the car the ticking comes up. right turns loud and no ticking with left turns.

mine when it was on the jack, it didn't make any noise but once I removed the pin that holds the pads and started inspecting the pads I noticed that on that little spring plate that it did touch probably the disc. I made sure that the edge of the disc was clean with a file and re-installed everything and the noise was gone and never came back. it sounded very similar to what this sounds like. a little metallic sound, just like mine
Just wondering, did brakes, or hand brake, affect the noise for you getting louder or less?

The service reps guess was something with the diff while my guess is still the wheel bearing.

However my car sits with the dealer for a full week already and as usual no one called me or informed me what's going on.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:14 PM
My Dealer emailed me a resolution:
The only thing that stood out to one of our non-Aston techs is the buildup of “substance” on the wheel spacer. This other technician has had an issue in the past with excessive grease or anti-seize. Once cleaned off, the noise has gone away and has not been present almost since I sent you the last email. The only thing the technician noted was some low brake pads (3.5mm) and he is getting me a quote now.
i have no idea how grease build up can cause this metal ticking noise.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:23 PM
Glad you got it sorted out, my noise didn't go away when I was braking or hand brake.

Old 11-21-2020, 12:57 PM
Robert Guttenberg is an unknown quantity at this point
This may be long dead and you may never see the question, but I wanted to confirm that the last message from your dealer did in fact resolve the problem. I have the exact same noise, but no residue or anything for that matter on the wheel spacers. I wired brushed them and all the mating surfaces anyway to no avail. Thanks in advance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.