Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Left front turn signal out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 10:20 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Left front turn signal out

The yellow LEDs in the left front headlight won't blink for the turn signal nor the hazzards. White ones work fine. And left blinker speed is 2x as fast with the front lights not in the loop. All other bulbs OK.

LEDs themselves are probably OK... Connector? Controller?

I 'was' intermittently getting a left turn signal bulb failure message on the info screen, But now its really out and the message persists.

Thanks for any input!

I think I found it...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rn-signal.html

Admin can delete this!

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 03-13-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:31 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
There is a circuit board inside the light that seems to have various ailments. For one person they replaced the inductors (link above) and it fixed the blinker.. For me it wasn't as clear cut. The light strip was fine.. the board was the culprit.. it would be intermittent when prodded... i.e. pull on the wires. I had a friend resolder almost everything and we took the molex connectors out and soldered all the wires to the board.. In the end the board would not work when screwed down with the two mounting screws as that was 'bending' it a bit.. there is still a slight 'short' but mine is working for the moment with some mounting 'foam' under the screws and one screw not tight. Flimsy solution, but I had the car on jack stands a week and a half trouble shooting. (only car) Bottom line is the headlight is a ****** to trouble shoot. Probably a board issue. Can't buy the board separate that I found. Used headlights are still pricey. If mine fails again I'll have to look to the high price option. Pistonheads site has a bunch of info too.. And a lot of bent out of shape owners...

BTW... taking out the headlight is not for the faint of heart... PITA job... Drop the belly pan, drop the fender liner, take out the entire air box on that side and 'then' take out the 3 screws for the headlight... The connector can not be removed from the headlight until you get it half way out (there is a red locking tab that needs to slide sideways). You then put the headlight in a box with a hold for a hair dryer and loosen up the sealant for 20min. The lens tabs are brittle, be careful. You use a flat tip screw driver to the pry the lens off. I used clear RTV when reassembling.

While you are in there you may want to replace the air filters and door struts.. I did. Door struts are good fun if you got sick of building ships in bottles. You better have patience. And don't think of dropping anything inside the fender.

The more I wrench on my V8V .. the more I am convinced they never intended the owners to work on these cars! I thought changing the battery was a pain until I took a headlight out!!

Old 04-24-2017, 08:19 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Great write up. Mine to went out roughly a year ago. I took it out, opened it up (a bit*h in itself) then tested all leds and inductors, which were fine. I put light back in place and it started working! Well it worked for a week and then it went out again. I have been driving for sometime with no left turn signal. It's not just the price that bothers me for a new headlight, it's he fact that a new replacement (or used) will most likely not match mine.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:05 PM
007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light
I just fixed my turn signals at link below...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/406294-greetings-niagara-ontario-canada-2.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.