Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vanquish Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 05:17 AM
SpongeBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Vanquish Advice

Greetings. I seek your advice and recommendations as I sort through the best option to acquire a Vanquish. My list of candidates for consideration included the Porsche GT3, MB AMG GTS/GTR, MB AMG SLS, Ferrari F12, AM DB11 and AM Vanquish. For reasons hard to explain, much of which are intangibles, I find myself completely drawn to the Vanquish. To me, it has "soul", that certain combination of speed + style + sound = soul that seems to be vanishing in many sports cars these day. With the Vanquish, AM simply has it nailed in my mind. I'm sure many of you feel same emotions when it comes to AM.

In that regard, I am wondering what your thoughts might be on acquiring preowned versus new? It looks like there is some serious depreciation over the first year or two of ownership so maybe a preowned might be best. If new, does anyone know how much a dealer would be willing to discount off MSRP?

Thanks for your thoughts and advice.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:59 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Thoughts and advice

You could add "maturity" and "class" to the left hand side of your "soul" equation, above.

$300,000+ Vanquish MSRP numbers are very negotiable. The DD11 is attracting most high end money walking in the door. New model Vanquish product in stock should be very available.

Don't want to suffer big depreciation? Buy used, they all are low miles.

Want a real bargain? Look at DBS. Get one that's been serviced at the dealer. It's Owner's Manual will have had stamps added on a regular basis.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:31 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
^ What he said. I prefer the Vanquish over the DB11. But it has to be a latter 8-speed gearbox. (in a coupe please) I would think you could find new for $60k off sticker. Even more so when the Vanquish S hits the street.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:21 PM
flinder, Many thanks for your additions to the definition. No question maturity and class are certainly part of the mystique as well. The revised equation absolutely defines it for me:

Maturity + Class + Speed + Style + Sound = Soul

Thanks for the tip regarding price negotiations. I don't want to take a big hit on depreciation yet am leaning towards a new example as this will not be a vehicle I dispose of in a year or two...Still trying to get there on the DB11 but honestly am struggling.

Again, thanks for your time and advice.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:47 PM
J doubleU, I too prefer the Vanquish. I find the design completely enthralling. It might not have the latest AMG Sat gear but I'm not buying for that. $60k off sticker is more than I was thinking and sounds great. No question the discount will drop even a bit more once the S is released. Your input is much appreciated. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.