Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2005 DB9 armrest upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 09:44 PM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
This makes total sense, never thought that the DBS with no second row would be different. However, the following pictures are of the console I bought and they are supposed to be out of a DBS and its the short one.

I have contacted Speedracer800 and asked him to post some pictures of fitment for his console from his DBS, that might help explain the rear part.

On the below pictures, I believe the section you see in silver at the back section is supposed to be covered by a flap of leather.

I am from diagrams assuming the console will slip over the edges of the existing side walls of the tunnel, and the rear with the two extra brackets will bolt down on the existing rear bolts, and sit on top of the flat slide leather section behind the console. Since the internals are different sizes there is likely some plastic of the sidewall or center parts that will need to be trimmed down some for proper fitment.

Cannot tell anymore, until its actually in my hands and I am working to install.

The below link will at least show the removal of the current part, and where this one would go. That is my car shown below, so I know exactly what mine looks like:

http://www.redpants.lol/lower-consol...bezel-removal/
You seem to be missing the lower part where the consol seats, not sure you can re use the older one.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:38 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by CARAIBAM
You seem to be missing the lower part where the consol seats, not sure you can re use the older one.
Can you provide a picture of that.

Ambits says you have to cut some plastic parts on the car for this to fit in the spot. Unfortunately I only have 2 weeks to work with this in May, so I need to make sure I have all the parts. I do have the 2x extra brackets that Ambits says is needed for this to work.

Old 05-12-2017, 07:44 PM
geh065 will become famous soon enoughgeh065 will become famous soon enough
I've received the old part and will drop my car off next weekend to see what they can do. They think the main issue will just be fitting the bottom of the metal box into the slot but hopefully once they widen the slot in the car, it should fit although there are a few wires and plastic bits in the bottom of the arm rest area so it looks like it is going to be tight!

Old 05-13-2017, 09:18 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by geh065
I've received the old part and will drop my car off next weekend to see what they can do. They think the main issue will just be fitting the bottom of the metal box into the slot but hopefully once they widen the slot in the car, it should fit although there are a few wires and plastic bits in the bottom of the arm rest area so it looks like it is going to be tight!
I will see mine in about one week and will be able to update this further. I hope I have all I need

Old 05-13-2017, 12:17 PM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
The later armrest will fit with some mods to the base part, I fitted the one from the 09 it came from with some cutting.Sorry I didn't take the time of making photos.
Next job finding the last 4 glass switches ,A/C x2 plus heated windshield and rear screen to finish off my interior.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:09 PM
The garage has done a fitting of the 'new' armrest and says it fits well. They had to cut away part of the plastic from the car in order for the metal box on the bottom of the armrest to fit. Not sure right now whether they had to do anything else to get it to fit. I will ask them when I pick the car up next week.

Now that it fits, they need to re-leather the armrest.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:47 PM
The garage has done a fitting of the 'new' armrest and says it fits well. They had to cut away part of the plastic from the car in order for the metal box on the bottom of the armrest to fit. Not sure right now whether they had to do anything else to get it to fit. I will ask them when I pick the car up next week.

Now that it fits, they need to re-leather the armrest.
OK,

My center armrest will fit the car.

1. Still working to figure out exactly where the 2x needed additional brackets go and how to fit that.

2. The center base part WILL of course need some widening (about 1/2 in ) each side

3. I will need to order the rubber part in the console drink area

4. Not sure If I will wire the power plug or not, not decided. If so, will jump the current one and do that.

5. Friday or Sat will be doing the work, unless Offshore fishing happens.

Will update with pictures of whole process, kinda figured it out today first.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:54 PM
OK,

My center armrest will fit the car.

1. Still working to figure out exactly where the 2x needed additional brackets go and how to fit that.

2. The center base part WILL of course need some widening (about 1/2 in ) each side

3. I will need to order the rubber part in the console drink area

4. Not sure If I will wire the power plug or not, not decided. If so, will jump the current one and do that.

5. Friday or Sat will be doing the work, unless Offshore fishing happens.

Will update with pictures of whole process, kinda figured it out today first.
The two brackets go at the rear of the console,I made a blanking plate and discarded the un-nedded electric plug.I also wired the 12V power point.Make sure the lid lift as it should, I had t make many adjutements to have it right.
You will enjoy the end result.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by CARAIBAM
The two brackets go at the rear of the console,I made a blanking plate and discarded the un-nedded electric plug.I also wired the 12V power point.Make sure the lid lift as it should, I had t make many adjutements to have it right.
You will enjoy the end result.
Thanks, will update this weekend with pics .

HAHA----pondering a sailboat in your neck of the islands-----Amel Super Maramu 2000 on yacht broker.

Old 05-24-2017, 04:29 AM
Thanks, will update this weekend with pics .

HAHA----pondering a sailboat in your neck of the islands-----Amel Super Maramu 2000 on yacht broker.
Nice beast, let me know if you come to Martinique.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:08 PM
W126C will become famous soon enough
While you're discussing the armrest, does that divider in the cup holder rotate 180 deg? Mine goes above 110 deg, so I can't flip it into the box.

Regards,

Old 05-25-2017, 03:53 PM
Mine is the same, cannot rotate 180°

Old 05-26-2017, 08:55 PM

So this is the state of the armrest I got with a pic of my car before, and after. Now that they have checked it fits, they are in the process of releathering it to look new(ish) again. I opted to use the original cigarette lighter as I use it to charge my phone. The hole in the armrest for the lighter will be covered up. They also have to manufacture a leather strip to cover the shiny silver metal part of the back of the armrest because that piece was missing from the one I bought.

Can't wait to get it back. 2 weeks without a drive in it is painful!

Old 05-30-2017, 08:15 AM
Well guys, I am not so sure I am doing this. What I realized is several things. Didn't look to hard at it, but the iPod connector thingy needs to come off the front side underneath, and the cigarette plug on the bag needs to come off-----hence the filling in the hole in the post above.

1. Easy install if you want
2. Problem is the trimming of the center tunnel area is simple, but you are going to trim out the Aluminum sides. nothing bad, I just don't want to at the moment cut my aluminum parts in the car.

I think I might sell my black with silver stitching center console if possible. I am only home for a week and wont see the car for a year, so not sure I want to bother. Very similar thing with the trunk. Going to sell that for sure. Will update what I decide

Old 05-30-2017, 07:18 PM
Well guys, I am not so sure I am doing this. What I realized is several things. Didn't look to hard at it, but the iPod connector thingy needs to come off the front side underneath, and the cigarette plug on the bag needs to come off-----hence the filling in the hole in the post above.

1. Easy install if you want
2. Problem is the trimming of the center tunnel area is simple, but you are going to trim out the Aluminum sides. nothing bad, I just don't want to at the moment cut my aluminum parts in the car.

I think I might sell my black with silver stitching center console if possible. I am only home for a week and wont see the car for a year, so not sure I want to bother. Very similar thing with the trunk. Going to sell that for sure. Will update what I decide
I didn't need to trim the aluminium tunnel, only the bottom part supporting the console, took a few attempts to get it rigth but worked fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.