Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

This DB11 actually looks GOOD!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 12:09 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
This DB11 actually looks GOOD!

IMHO.

Talk about a colour sensitive car. None of the review DB11s I have seen to date in pics or on video have looked 'right' to me. This one does...

Old 04-20-2017, 12:15 PM
99Problems is on a distinguished road
I thought the same thing when I saw this video.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:56 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
IMO it's because it's monochromatic.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:12 PM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
I know that the DB11 and the V8V aren't really comparable, but if you pause the video at 10:40, there is a great shot of the two head to head that lets you really see where the design changed and where it was carried through.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:34 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Brilliant to see a video on roads i know well

And I've seen that car at the dealership - they do look great in a single colour in the flesh

On my wish list for sure

Graze

Old 04-20-2017, 05:01 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Well, always said they look like a slimmer camaro.

BUT.... I also said the diamond turned wheels with the black insides made the car look worse. This car I think proves that. Gunmetal wheels on the dark blue/black looks good, regular brushed clear wheels would look spectacular.

Front---- the car looks great, very similar to the DB9GT, Vanquish etc.... Its not till you get to the crunched rear thin look. I don't like the thinness of it and the lights look squashed. Get rid of the elec/hydraulic fin that pops up and return to the Vanq wing or the DB9GT flip tail and I think it might look better.

But happy with mine

Old 04-20-2017, 05:48 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Color sensitive yes. But still doesn't do it for me.

DBS and newest Vanquish are the "ones" for me

Old 04-21-2017, 05:24 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
what color is that v8!?

Old 04-22-2017, 06:08 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Karussel Orange would be my guess.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:16 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
IMO DB11 is not Aston, it's more like Mercedes with Aston Badges. Side view of the car is the worst part for me.Waiting to see what they've done with New Vantage.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:56 PM
Springer is an unknown quantity at this point
Drove on at local dealer, and like it much better than I meant to! It was impressive and I am not so upset about it being tubocharged after driving it. Don't underestimate this car -I thought it was superb - although I was not willing to pay $150K plus my Virage!

Old 04-26-2017, 05:11 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
On that nose to nose shot from the side, I paused it and stared for a while. I thing the Vantage looks better plain and simple. I think the Vantage is very nearly the perfect design as far as line flow is concerned.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:11 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road

Old 04-27-2017, 01:45 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
It's hard to argue the 11 isn't nice looking [in monochrome, I hate that floating roof look], and that the Aston DNA is there, but I have to agree the Vantage is the most beautiful car AM has ever designed. Although very subjective, you cannot argue "art".

Old 04-27-2017, 08:22 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
It's hard to argue the 11 isn't nice looking [in monochrome, I hate that floating roof look], and that the Aston DNA is there, but I have to agree the Vantage is the most beautiful car AM has ever designed. Although very subjective, you cannot argue "art".
Vantage? No way. DBS is the pinnacle of Gaydon design so far.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.