Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DBS Side Repeater Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 12:42 PM
m_motorsport will become famous soon enoughm_motorsport will become famous soon enough
DBS Side Repeater Replacement

I have some issues with one of my side repeaters on my DBS, basically it has stopped working due to condensation. I have purchased a replacement and had a fiddle today to see how it fits.

Does anyone know how the repeater connects to the chrome/alloy wing strake, as from parts diagram it looks like it has two bolts coming in from behind, but mine has no bolts and looks bonded to the strake.

I tried removing the whole assembly as the strake and repeater can come out together, but i cannot seem to access to the bolt closest to the door, as there isn’t very good access.

Any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7128.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	474879   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7129.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	474880   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7130.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	474881  
Old 04-22-2017, 05:07 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
It must be similar to my Vantage, you have to remove the mesh behind first which is held in place with 3 nuts, then 1 big nuts at the front of the Stalk and 1 bolt between the door and the fender (the bolt is a @#$ to undo but it is doable, I use an open/close end wrench and go very slowly. The first time I tape up the door and the fender to protect them. I assume that you will have to undo a connection to your current light before pulling the Stalk out. It is also held in place with 2 way tape so once you have all the nuts/bolts out you might have to pull a little but be careful. Good luck, I have mine out now to get them powder coated black along with the mesh behind them

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.